Berklee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berklee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berklee.

Interview

Applied online in January 2017. Got an email for a phone screen in probably late February or March. Phone screen was with an assistant who had no clear information about the job but was "asking some questions for the hiring manager" who was on vacation.

Despite the interviewer having no clear understanding what the position was, nor how my background fit, we had a pleasant conversation, and she was professional. Not sure how you can screen someone in or out not knowing what the actual job function is.

When compensation came up it was clear my current compensation was above the top end of the range for the position so I moved on. I asked to be informed in either case, but had very little reason to proceed. I never heard back from anyone and had forgotten about the phone screen.

Fast forward to August 2017 and I just received a form email stating they've pursued other candidates. A minimum of 6 months later and a form email? How broken is the hiring process here? It's a good thing I have a job. How disrespectful is this to candidates?

Interview Questions

• Name a challenging situation or some such pedestrian thing.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Berklee.

Interview

Worst interview experience ever. Completely unprofessional. The person hadn't reviewed my resume, she forgot about our phone interview after hunting me down to interview then because she hadn't reviewed my resume asked questions she didn't understand what she was asking. I've had numerous interviews and been offered numerous opportunities and this experience was terrible. Completely turned me off from wanting to pursue the job.

Camera Operator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berklee.

Interview

Applied through the Office of Student Employment. A student employee interviewed me and asked very simple questions, mostly to get my information in the system. Then, I was referred to the Video Department, where I had another interview with the head manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the field?
      What can you bring to the department?
      Are you available at least X amount of hours?
      What does your schedule look like/amount of classes you're taking?   Answer Question

Admissions Temp Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Berklee (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very easy. There were two steps involved. First a phone screening with the hiring manager, then there was a skype interview with the hiring manager and a "supervisor"/Admissions team member I believe.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which the perspective student cannot speak English? How would you go about the interview?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berklee.

Interview

Submitted resume materials through the school's online application system. Received an email two weeks later requesting a phone screening. Screening was with a member of the HR team; very pleasant and straightforward. Information discussed during the screening is passed along to the department's hiring manager. Discovered through the screening that the position was not quite a perfect fit for both parties.

Assistant Vice President Global Initiatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berklee (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

This was the most disrespectful approach and incredibly negative interview experience imaginable. Told that I was to meet with the Chief of Staff and Director of HR regarding my candidacy, a meeting was scheduled 2 weeks in advance. After spending 4+ hours preparing for my interview with talking points, published and printed materials, strategies for the role, dressing the part, and interviewing other staff about the role, I was told up front at the meeting that I was not selected for next round.

The HR Director didn't even attend as promised (I was not notified in advance). My materials were not even looked at and the meeting lasted all of 7 minutes (would have been much shorter had I not pressed my case). Having been in an active job search for some time, I can certainly handle rejection, but seriously, an e-mail would have been sufficient. I didn't need to waste all my time and effort to be told in a meeting that I wasn't being considered.

I should note that this is not my first totally negative experience with this employer, and I should also note that I have been a long-time employee there with success in a wide variety of roles. It's unfortunate that they disrespect their employees consistently, and never promote from within. They are "allergic" to internal hires (I was told this by a senior person). I would recommend that you seriously consider NOT seeking a job here, as you will be treated callously and will have zero chance for advancement. This is why every new external hire immediately dusts off their resume. Absolutely NO LOYALTY to their own. Ugh. Terrible place to work, I am sorry to say.

Online Student Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berklee in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. About 10 days later, I was contacted on the phone and was asked questions about my previous work experiences and how they relate to the position. This initial phone interview was very short. At the end of the call, the interviewer explained that he's in the process of interviewing candidates for the position, and if I was to be invited for an in-person interview, I would be contacted via email or a phone call. I haven't heard back, though, so I'm assuming I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Berklee?
      Why do you want to be an academic advisor?
      How do your work experiences relate to this position?
      Do you play any musical instruments?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berklee (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a typical interview process. I sent in my resume and was then contacted for the first interview round, which was one on one. After that, I was contacted for a second interview round, which was three on one. I was contacted a couple days later and was offered the position. The whole process took about a week in total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have? What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berklee.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. At first it was uncomfortable being interviewed by 3 people but the interview later turned into a conversation making it easy to answer questions honestly. Most questions were expected based on the job description, qualifications and expectations. It is important to review the job description thoroughly to understand exactly what the employer is looking for. Many of the interview questions were based on the job description and my past experiences and why I wanted the position. As long as you are prepared and practiced presenting yourself, you should be fine. Make sue you are able to go through your resume without looking at it.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you dealt with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berklee.

Interview

Hiring interview was a 2 step interview. First interview with Assoc VP and second with the team including director of the department