Best Buddies International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Best Buddies International

2.4

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buddies International (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview went extremely well. They are very concerned with the coporate culture. Having a good fit really matters. The pace is more relaxed. However, I had to wait 20 minutes in the lobby with my recite because the interviewer was in a meeting.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buddies International (Miami, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

My experience was fairly positive. I liked the atmosphere of the office - very open and airy, suggesting opportunities for communication. The interview itself was standard - describing my background, experience and strengths - but, much like most interviews, success is based on the connection between the interviewer and interviewee. In this case, we made a connection, but I believe the interviewer thought I would not be satisfied with the salary (which was low, considering the position's responsibilities, but reasonable for a non-profit, so I hear). My interviewer called me the day after she said she would - uprofessional and completely torturous, in my opnion - but was very nice in "letting me down easy". I wasn't all that impressed in the end, but the most frustrating part was landing a second interview and then hearing - 24 hours later than you should have - that you didn't make the cut.

Program Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buddies International (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Recruited emailed me, one to one phone screen, in person interview with staff, personality test, job offer and hire. Lengthy but fast moving process. You may have options in terms of which office to go to, and benefits are great. Salary lower than expected

Interview Questions

• Conversational regarding previous experience and cultural attitudes   1 Answer

Interview

Submitted application, Received an email to set up a phone interview, then had an in person interview at the Headquarters office in Miami. Parking was difficult. Phone Interview lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. The in person interview was about an hour. Once the interview was over I received a short tour of the headquarters office and was introduced around.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any personal connection to Best Buddies or the IDD community?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buddies International (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

Applications Process online asked for references, but there was no place to input them. I e-mailed Best Buddies to send them in. I got an immediate reply to move forward. I interview with one other applicant, with three staff members. Was asked to volunteer at several events to see how I engaged with the participants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buddies International (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone screen. After that was asked to fill out a predictive index. Haven't heard about in-person interview yet, but plan to follow up today.

Employment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buddies International in May 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by phone. I was asked questions about why I wanted to work there, my past working experience,etc. The person interviewing me was fairly new, and mentioned that their previous job was at a bank, with no experience whatsoever working with people with IDD. Interesting. I was emailed a personality test, took it, and waited a week to be invited back for an in person interview. That went well, and included the person who interviewed me, the director of that facility, and the director of the state (she was phone conferenced in). Many questions about experience, personality and getting to know me. Typical "what if?" Scenarios. I was contacted the next day about a position that just opened in another facility due to someone retiring, and was asked if I wanted to go speak with that person.
    I did go to the other interview, and it went great. I was made to feel comfortable, I got to meet the staff and some if the students that were being trained. The person that interviewed me had been there for 4 years, hadn't worked previously with people with IDD. Again interesting. I have to say that the interview process went smoothly, and I honestly thought I was going to be hired. I guess they really are looking for a certain something. I felt I had it. I am a teacher, and have many years experience working with students with different levels of IDD. Personal as well, since my child is special needs. I was sent the short but trite letter about someone else being a better fit. Be prepared for the interview, just like any others you go on. I have no idea what they are looking for as far as an employee, because what they stated in their job description is what I have.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation when you keep getting told no?   Answer Question

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buddies International (Concord, NH) in September 2018.

Interview

Several meetings and phone interviews with State Director and other employees in different positions. Very thorough and answered all my questions. Casual and compfortable interviews. Felt as though I was talking to old friends.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Best Buddies International.

Interview

The interview was great, and even though I felt they had a good idea who I was, they really worked to make sure I fit with not only the job I was applying for, but the company mission.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any prior experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities?   1 Answer

Deputy Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Best Buddies International (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen, second interview in person with hiring manager-----followed by a Predictive Index and job offer. They had a holiday break late December and a staff conference in January that caused a lag.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself adding value   1 Answer