Beyond Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Beyond Design

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Beyond Design (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was called into an interview after emailing Michael directly about the position. It was basically a conversation, more than a structured, rigid interview. We talked about my background and interests and my fit into the company.

Director of New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beyond Design (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 5 hours, 1 hour of which was waiting time for the interviewer. The whole process was sporadic and not organized, interviewer kept leaving to answer calls, meeting with other employees to discuss unfinished projects and preparing for next day meetings. Interview went well over regular business hours when all other employees left the office. The whole process was tiring and left very negative impression.

Industrial Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beyond Design in April 2012.

Interview

The first part is getting the interview set up. From the hundreds of applicants they will select typically 10-15 intern candidates to interview in person. Someone will call you to set up the interview, usually a week or so out.

The interview was pretty straight forward. You bring your portfolio and resume and present your work. Usually you will present to 3-5 people (I presented to 4). Michael Prince will usually come in last, flip through your portfolio and ask you some tough questions or call you out on flaws. Such as, why did you go with this material rather than that? Where do you show your design inpiration? Why is this inconsistent...etc.

The interview day takes about 4-5 hours. After that they will contact you if you got the job or not in about a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Describe your design intent? And how is it shown in your final design?   Answer Question