Billtrust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Billtrust

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Billtrust (South Plainfield, NJ) in February 2019.

Interview

The role was in the Credit2B division of Billtrust. The interview panel consisted of 5 people. The HR staff, VP of Engineering, and the Product Owner all seemed like friendly, intelligent people.
    The two senior developers were a different matter.
    Both of them were condescending and neither struck me as competent. The "technical interview" was just a bunch of silly trivia questions - stuff anyone can Google in 5 seconds - and I was not asked to demonstrate any actual coding or problem solving ability. I can't speak for the other offices, but don't waste your time at this one.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Billtrust in April 2015.

Interview

Was friendly, straightforward questions. Phone screen that was conversational testing behavioral skills, IQ and thought process. The HR staff was very friendly and I would recommend others to interview there as well

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader or a follower, neither of which being bad?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Billtrust (Hamilton, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very long process. Interviewed with four people and took a wonderlic test. All the managers were very friendly and informative, answering all questions and making me feel welcome. Their offices are gorgeous and they gave me a quick tour around. Some interviews were focused on personal information, while others specifically addressed the field I was applying for. Ultimately, interviewers were friendly and seemed to really care about hiring someone passionate about the company.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Billtrust (Denver, CO) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. He was super professional and very communicative throughout the process. I had an interview with the hiring manager who is based in New Jersey by phone a few days later. The call was good in my opinion and I was offered a face to face in Denver. A couple of odd things struck me before and during the face to face: there aren't many females who work in the Denver office; their values are plastered all over the office and it seems very Googlesque, I was even told their office was designed by the same interior design group who did Google's Boulder campus. I met with three people: a DevOps engineer; the head of development & someone who would've been my coworker. Everyone was very professional & seemed interested that I was there. I was asked about my scripting experience & knowledge of SQL. Then I was harped on regarding my project management experience. One question, "give me an example of when a project failed?". Seriously? I couldn't think of anything because the projects I've worked on didn't fail. Dumb question, but I suppose there's some psychological relevance to it. I didn't have the Powershell scripting they were looking for since my background was more in Linux. The Denver office works on Windows servers & Jersey on Linux. Very odd setup. In essence, I probably wasn't a good fit from the start, but I'm glad I went in. The warning signs for me included the previous Glassdoor reviews regarding their amount of tech debt. This actually came up in the interview. Their company paid healthcare is through a provider with a terrible track record. Who cares if it's free if it's basically worthless. The HR lady slyly told me that their overworked, in addition to the culture clash between the Jersey & Denver offices. Finally their website is loaded with spelling and grammar errors. That's a project fail--oh, now that makes sense. To the guy (cuz it won't be a woman) who got the job over me, I wish you the best of luck.

Interview Questions

• give an example of when you disagreed with your co-workers and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • give an example of when your project failed.   Answer Question
    • Show using SQL how to select items from a table and how to change them.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Billtrust (Princeton, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with members of their t HR/Talent Acquisition Team, who were very nice. I then met with members of their marketing leadership team, who were very professional, knowledgeable and engaging.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Billtrust (Hamilton, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

very easy going and fun process. Was excited to get call back. HR very helpful with quick reply's to questions after interviews. Very easy going and it is clear work/life balance is very important to them. Down to earth people as well.

Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Billtrust (Chicago, IL) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied for Sales Trainer position online. Received an email the exact same day to schedule a telephone interview for the following day. The Talent Specialist called right on time and conducted a standard 22 minutes phone interview asking about my background, work experience and why I was looking for a new career. At the end of the call, The Talent Specialist stated she would pass my information on to the Hiring Manager and I'd hear from her to schedule another phone interview, then eventually an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your background and work experience   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Billtrust (Denver, CO).

Interview

HR was standard interview questions and had no red flags. Was put through to the next person whom obtained the job because he knew one of the owners and not for his ability to have a conversation about the job or the company. Bizarre experience. With hind site I think they are looking for a needle in a haystack...They are just practicing their hiring technique and not really growing or in the market for new employees. Wast of time

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Billtrust (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Unnecessarily and excessively long and drawn process out for a sales role. I had multiple phone interviews with high level individuals within the company. Painfully long process which required my follow up to push things along.

Despite it all, Suzanne in HR was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales process?
      What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Billtrust (Hamilton, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Started over phone, then quickly scheduled onsite with broader team. Efficient and to the point screening and interview process. Met with all key executives in person and was offered calls with other relevant remote employees. After working for short while have determined that people/culture have exceeded my expectations. Billtrust does not mess around - there is either a fit or not and you won't go an extended period of time without knowing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard negotiation with most typical (and some added) benefits for a private company on the rise.