Binghamton University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Vestal, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

What position do you expect?
    What language do you want to answer with? (I choose C.)
    What kind of questions do you meet for the online assessment?

what is static in C? how is it implemented by the compiler?
    write the definition of a function that returns both the max and min.
    why do you use the condition variable?
    how to implement a lock?
    Under what condition must you use linked list instead of array?
    what data structure can you use to store elements dynamically and access
    them efficiently?
    The complexity of finding any element in a linked list in the worst case.
    multi-thread library programming: did you write your multi-thread library
    with p-thread? is there any problem you have with you library?
    did you do your projects on linux? If you want to find a string in a file,
    what command should you use?
    do you know vector in C++?
    a question about real-time programming (I forgot)
    what is buffer overflow?

Interview Questions

• Given two classes:

class B
      {
      public:
      B(args_1);
      B(args_2);
      // and many constructors with different arg lists
      };

class D : public B
      {
      public:
      D(args_1) : B(args_1) {}
      D(args_2) : B(args_2) {}
      // and many constructors with different signatures similarly implemented
      // some additional stuff specific to D
      };

Assume that the arg list for B's constructors are quite long and may be
      revised pretty often in the future, in which case D's constructors have
      to be recoded correspondingly. Duplicating the update by copy-and-paste
      will certainly work here. Can you propose a better way so that the
      update can be done in one place without copy-and-paste duplication?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

had only one interview round. Questions related to experience. Questions related to web technologies such as PHP, Angular js, JAVA. The interview process was very easy, hardly for 20-25 mins.

Interview Questions

• What web technologies I have worked on? Any experience handling client issues?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The first round is considsted of a one-on-one interview. There was the director and two other people there. Mostly asking about resume and behavioral question. Then there is a group interview, which is not that hard.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Vestal, NY).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was to see if there was a passion among the applicants and if they knew what the position entails. The second round was to see your behavioral skills and it was a simple interview process

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for undergraduate teaching assistant for Korean 101 class and took a language test for about 30 mins to 1 hour. It was average test but grammar was kind of tricky one.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screening. Then in person interview with department head and a couple professors. They asked pretty basic questions about my education experience and projects I've worked on.They seemed eager to get someone to fill the position, as turnover for adjuncts is high.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working as a team   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

submit a resume and they will call you back to let you know if they are interested. If they are not interested I don't know if they even send a letter declining you. If you get an interview it's in front of a panel of employees, office personnel and board members. If you get hired, you fill out a few papers, get a back ground check and physical with drug test.

Interview Questions

• name a situation where you had difficulty with an underperforming employee/co-worker and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. you get what you get

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Vestal, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

they just send me a letter to ask me if I want to be a TA. If I do, they are going to give me a interview and ask some basical questions. Then they call me, just ask me some simple questions to see how good my English is. s

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

My adviser called me at that time. He asks me many questions about my courses I learned and my technique background. He asked me several questions on my working experience, related to project I finished. We discussed how to solve some engineering problems. At last, he asked me why I prefer a Ph.D. study. I told him I really want to do some innovative research to broaden my vision and have a deeper insight into my favorite field.

Grader Interview

Interview

I think it went very well, so that is why i got the position ,I wanna tell you guys that this position is easy to get if you have good connection with your professors, on the other hand, you need to email secretary every once a week for the interview results.

Interview Questions

• What was your specific role in the team project and how did you show your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no pain, no gain!