Binghamton University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.3

Research Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the CS department about an opening. The interview was scheduled for the following week. They had only allotted 20 minutes for each interview, and scheduled them all in a row. There were technical questions that did not relate at all to the job description. There were 3 people interviewing me, when I thought there would be only one. Two of the people were very nice and polite, as to be expected in a formal interview. However, one of the interviewers was incredibly rude. He seemed dismissive of what I had to say and even checked his phone at one point. He refused to answer some of my questions. If there was something better he wanted to do with his time, maybe he shouldn't be interviewing candidates. If this is the level of professionalism that is to be expected in this department, it's no question why they have a problem hiring and keeping employees.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Javascript and PHP? (PHP was in the job description, Javascript was not)   Answer Question
    • What is an SQL injection? (Completely not in the job description)   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position?   Answer Question
    • Someone comes in and says "My mouse and keyboard don't work." What do you do?   Answer Question
    • How do you do alternate colored rows on a webpage?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

had only one interview round. Questions related to experience. Questions related to web technologies such as PHP, Angular js, JAVA. The interview process was very easy, hardly for 20-25 mins.

Interview Questions

• What web technologies I have worked on? Any experience handling client issues?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I emailed a resume & cover letter to the office around February/March, had an interview sometime in April, and was offered the position in the beginning of the summer. Very nice people and easygoing interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about helping a student who is flustered/agitated/argumentative?   Answer Question

Sodexo Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Binghamton University (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was good, they ask general question of real life experiences and gives situations where you have to answer based on your experiences. Interview is phonic and lasts for 20 minutes

Fitness Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual interview in a small room with three of your possible superiors. One of the interviewers will be pro staff and two of them will likely be students who are fitness managers. They are all very kind and are looking to see if you are a good fit. They are not daunting.

Interview Questions

• Since this is a job in fitness they will ask you things along the lines of why you are interested in working at a gym and what your personal fitness story is like.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The first round is considsted of a one-on-one interview. There was the director and two other people there. Mostly asking about resume and behavioral question. Then there is a group interview, which is not that hard.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Vestal, NY).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was to see if there was a passion among the applicants and if they knew what the position entails. The second round was to see your behavioral skills and it was a simple interview process

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Binghamton University.

Interview

Well, there wasn't actually an interviewing process since the position did not require a salary, rather, hands on experience with customer interaction. Basically they looked for vibrant personalities that were't afraid to hold a conversation with strangers in an intellectual manner.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was in a conference room with a professional staff from the office and the then current graduate assistant. We spoke for 30-45 minutes. I was nervous for the interview but felt confident afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Your supervisor is new to the position, will you be able to act with out the support of someone who lacks the hands on experience?   1 Answer

Athletics Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 session process conducted in the Union. General interest interview in the 1st interview (Just do your homework and they will be impressed) and the 2nd was more behavioral and the questions were more geared to how I interacted with people. Was contacted by the hiring manager the day after the 2nd interview.