Blanton Turner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blanton Turner Interview Questions

Interviews at Blanton Turner

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blanton Turner in June 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. Phone, 1 on 1, and then 2 on 1 (with the companies top brass). The process was smooth, very nice and easy going people. They just want to get to know you as a person before anything else.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blanton Turner (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

There was no formal interview - the company needed additional seasonal help and I was referred by a friend. I simply submitted my resume and corresponded with the hiring manager via email and through an informal meeting. At our initial meeting, I confirmed my availability and ability to work for the length of the entire season, and accepted the offer for the standard maintenance crew pay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation regarding pay - I accepted the offer as-is.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blanton Turner (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I initially was contacted for a phone interview with an HR manager. She was very friendly and contacted me later for an onsite interview with two people. The downtown office was pretty cool looking and I noticed everyone that walked by me said hi. I was then set up for an interview with the manager at the property I would be at, and finally an interview with a co-founder. I was called the next morning and given an offer which I gladly accepted!

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blanton Turner in May 2015.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, followed by an on site interview. Next you interview with the portfolio manager, then one of the owners of the company. You receive an offer via email.

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

Phone Screen, 2 in person Interviews at HQ downtown, with hiring mangers. This can be with th company owners or with a property manger that you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience with leasing and customer service.   Answer Question

Leasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Blanton Turner in November 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a friend of mine, contacted by upper management, had 2 interviews but wasn't offered the position at first. Was contacted about another position about a month later, didn't get that position. Finally was contacted about a position that was perfect for me. Was offered that job and started the next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my biggest weakness would be specific to the job field.   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blanton Turner (Seattle, WA) in July 2019.

Interview

Blanton Turner is definitely on the higher end of leasing positions available and as such filters very hard to insure the highest quality people in a highly competitive industry

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blanton Turner (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

This was one interview process that I actually enjoyed! The office is lively and the team is fun, the process was quite fast (in under two weeks I applied, had two rounds of interviews, and heard back on the outcome). The first round of the interview was with the hiring manager and one of the principals. It was a quick round with no hardball questions - very conversational and congenial. The second round was with five people - all really nice and again a conversation more than a formal interview. I enjoyed getting to know the various personalities and how they viewed the position. It was a lively talk and I don't think I've ever laughed so much as a candidate! I really appreciated that they let me know a few days later that I didn't get the job - they are a class act through and through.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blanton Turner (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email for a request to interview by one of the principals involved in the hiring process approximately one month after applying. I was told that I would be meeting with her and the direct manager of this position. I expected that the personality's of the leaders and employees would be outgoing and fun from the lighthearted questions they have on their application, i.e. "If you had a time machine where would you go?", but I was quickly disappointed with the oddly quiet environment in their open work space. My disappointment continued when the interview started and the two principals interviewing were completely unprepared, asked no direct questions about my background and experience in HR and seemed to be more interested in why I've lived in different areas of the country. The direct manager kept yawning throughout the interview and was very obviously disengaged with the process. I literally had twice the amount of questions for them than they had for me. The duration of the interview was less than 30 minutes with most of it covering my questions about why they felt the role was important at this time. This could have easily been covered over the phone and saved me a trip to downtown Seattle.

There is definitely a disconnect with how they market themselves to candidates and what really takes place in the office. If you're going to ask fun questions on an application, applicants are expecting that same environment when they go in to interview. Maybe the individuals I interviewed with aren't the best reflection of the company as a whole, but their level of professionalism and experience as hiring managers left much to be desired, at least from an HR perspective.

Interview Questions

• The interview was conversational and did not include any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question