Blenz Coffee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blenz Coffee Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blenz Coffee

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blenz Coffee.

Interview

relatively easy, typical questions--want somebody friendly and genuine.
    Let you know what kind of company culture they want, which is family oriented. Just sound genuine and interested and they will hire you.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blenz Coffee (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic in person interview. Interviewed with owners directly at the store. Questions were fairly standard; asked about previous experience, work ethic, availability etc. Able to ask lots of questions. Very open and detailed explanation given of daily responsibilities, training process, shift times etc. Accommodating with school schedule as most of the workers are students.

Barista & Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blenz Coffee in February 2011.

Interview

I was asked to come for an interview in 1/2 hr after calling in to set up the interview time. I was hired on the spot, however, the training process was not that good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable. Let the interviewer know you are interested in the job but cannot be there in record time.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blenz Coffee in May 2010.

Interview

I applied to their posting on Craigslist- it was a general ad, and they were looking for baristas for certain Blenz locations throughout Vancouver, including the one in my school, UBC. I got an email back a few days letter, inviting me to an interview at their head office. It was a big group interview, which didn't really feel like an interview, more of an advertisement for the company. The Vice President of Blenz was there, and he pretty much explained what Blenz was all about, asked us what we knew of them. Then they had us do this activity where we partner up with the person beside us and then after 5 minutes or so we have to introduce them to the rest of the room. Then after, we filled out an application form, handed in our resumes, and headed out. A very smooth process- it really didn't feel like a suffocating interview or anything like that.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blenz Coffee (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in April 2009.

Interview

Basic retail/restaurant interview process. Starts with a group interview, and you move on to a more single one on one interview with the manager. Would assume this is the standard practice with most coffee shop establishments

Interview Questions

• Details on the company itself and information about the coffee culture in Vancouver   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blenz Coffee in September 2008.

Interview

I came in and asked me a few questions about my background. I told them that I was a student looking to earn a bit of spending money and that I'm a people person. She told me the job wasn't very taxing, you just make coffee and work the cashier and that she liked that I was a people person since that's what really mattered.