Bloom Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bloom Energy

2.9

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloom Energy (Newark, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially a phone screen and interview with the Hiring Agency. Then a panel interview with company representatives and a welding test. I was told I would hear back from Hiring Agency in a following week. I made numerous attempts via phone and email, however no one returns calls or emails.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloom Energy in February 2016.

Interview

Initially a phone screening and for second round phone interview with Team Lead, Principal Engineer and Manager. About 1.5 hours of interview time. The interview was completely technical, asked real life situations and how would I analyse and find solution on them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when you see smoke coming out your car engine?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloom Energy (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The frame time from the interview through the hiring process was very short, around 2 weeks. The interview process was carried out by 5 engineers from different departments; each of them interviewed me for around 15 to 20 minutes. The hiring process was very smooth, everything was very well organized. The hiring day, I met with personal from HR, IT, Safety department, and with the team of the department I was going to start to work with. Each department provided me with the necessary tools to perform my job.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was: What would you do if your boss yells at you?   1 Answer
    • Another unexpected question: What would you do if you are working with a coworker on a short-term project, but she/he is not doing his part?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer seemed very fair to me. They offered me $ 20.00 per hour for an internship position, and gave me the option of time and a half payment for overtime hours. I think that that kind of money for a person that is learning to work as an engineer with not major responsibilities is fair. I have friends doing internships for IBM, and they get paid nothing.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloom Energy in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring was easy. Talk to my direct hiring manager worked. I had many questions related to my past experience which was in Electrical Industry. They want to know how and what you worked for. It was a pleasant experience.

The second round was with Global Manager and it went really well. Again it was about my ability to understand industry problems. I was asked about my commitment for the company.

The third round was bit technical where they asked me about how well I can adapt to the new environment.

Make sure you have interest in the industry and want to work for the company. Be ready with the basic details of the company. Ask as many questions as possible. Also share your college work and some projects you participated in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They pay a bit less than the technology companies but you can survive. Most importantly you will learn a lot.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloom Energy in May 2015.

Interview

One general HR screening round followed by 3 rounds of telephonic interview - one including your hiring manager. The overall process was smooth and good communication throughout. The hiring manager called up to say that I was hired and he was excited to be working with you. I thought it was a nice touch.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. One manager was very particular about working long hours.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloom Energy (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I found the position through a recruiter at school. He then reached out to me via email, and set up a call. After the first interview, another engineer reached out to me via email and we set up a second interview. I heard back from them about 2 weeks after the first initial calls.

Interview Questions

• What past work experience have you had?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloom Energy (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Face to face interview was pretty tidy and good. Had fun during interview wasnt very stressful and everyone who interviewed were great and awesome ppl. Asked general question the position was just an intern position so I even didnt expect much. They ask about transformer design so be prepared for it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloom Energy (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Awful. Contacted by recruiter through Indeed. I went through 5 rounds. The only big thing they emphasize was whether or not I would stay for 2 years at least. I said of course, I've been at my job for 2 years. I passed their test of writing emails and using Microsoft Excel. Met with many people, office manager, head of hr, etc. Everyone loved me and said they would put in a good word. Even the recruiter said she wanted me to be hired between me and someone else. Finally went to last interview to meet with my potential manager, the EA to CEO. Right before the interview the recruiter went in to get her. Instead of having an interview they turned me away and decided that the job was no longer available. They decided they wanted to hire an intern. You couldn't have possibly told me before I drove there? Seriously? Very unprofessional. One of the worst interviews I've been to.

Interview Questions

• Would you work here for 2 years?   2 Answers

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloom Energy.

Interview

They contacted me through linkedin and seemed to be having a problem filling the position. The recruiters were very nice. Some of the interviewers were not and seemed quite arrogant, in fact.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Some of the interviewers wanted to do more talking about themselves than any other thing   Answer Question

Negotiation

very difficult

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloom Energy (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews then an on-campus interview with (8) different people from various departments at Bloom. All touching on a different skill or aspect of the job. Interview process was initiated via an internal recruiter through LinkedIn. Interviewed 3 weeks later and had offer 2 weeks after that.

Company appears to be scaling operations quite a bit. Fast pace and high-energy environment. Met a lot of great and very bright people during the interview process. Didn't accept offer to pursue other opportunities.