Bloomsbury Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomsbury

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomsbury (London, England, England)

Interview

Made it to second stage but unfortunately was not progressed to final stage. Requested feedback several times and recevied no response. Interview was done online via Zoom with two interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Mixture of competency, and behavioral questions
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomsbury (London, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

I applied via email and they responded about a month later. There was a virtual interview with two managers and written test on Microsoft Teams. Interview went smoothly and was unconversational. 45 minutes long in total with 10 minutes for the written exercise. Waited a week to hear a decision.

Interview Questions
  • Loads of situational judgment questions. Written test spotting errors in an addendum. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Why Bloomsbury.

Application

Interview

The interview was the first of two stages and non-compentency based. Included was a ten-minute test that involved checking over a contract for inconsistencies and typographical errors. This was followed by the actual interview, conducted via MS Teams.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in Contracts?
  • Scenario: It is the afternoon, and an agent desperately needs their author's contract to be signed by the end of the day, but the editor is away from their desk and nobody knows where they are. What do you do? *Several more queries similar to this*
  • Please outline and explain how you would prioritise daily tasks from a Contracts' perspective?

Bloomsbury

Application

I interviewed at Bloomsbury

Interview

A very smooth interview process. I did a phone call with the person who would be supervising me. All questions were very standard, no real surprises. I was then given a test where I had to write some tweets (it was for a social media related position).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bloomsbury

Application

I interviewed at Bloomsbury

Interview

I sent in my CV and cover letter, had one in person interview and was offered the job over email. I was interviewed by two managers (they ended up being my managers in the role) and it was a fairly informal and friendly chat.

Interview Questions
  • Asked to complete a task to do with how I would prioritise jobs

Bloomsbury

Application

I interviewed at Bloomsbury

Interview

Interview questions followed by an editorial test. Interview questions focused on the current book market rather than questions about my past experiences and career history. The editorial test covered writing copy and copy-editing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bloomsbury (London, England, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

Invited for an initial interview with 2 members of the sales team. The interview was about 30 minutes and fairly casual. I heard back from the HR manager within 5 days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bloomsbury (New York, NY) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview process was very quick and efficient. I was given two interviewers, both editors. The company had multiple interviews happening in a short amount of time for one position, so the process was quick and to the point.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bloomsbury

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomsbury in Apr 2019

Interview

I found their internships on their website and followed the instructions. I received an email from HR less than a week later. The interview was the most awkward interview ever! It wasn't a difficult interview, rather it was very informal. Too informal in my opinion because it felt like they weren't prepared at all. Also, the people I interviewed with seemed to look down on my choice of books I read. They all had fancy previous internships/jobs with large literary presses. I talked to a few other interns who got jobs there and they got it through connections. The interview ended early and I was glad to get out of there. They never contacted me after and I didn't bother contacting them again. I did get a very nice job with nicer people at another publishing house which I'm very happy about.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bloomsbury

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Bloomsbury

Interview

The interview was quite a few years ago and I believe it is far more standardized now but mine was quite informal and wanted to get to know about me and what I knew about Bloomsbury

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews