Blue 449 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue 449 Interview Questions

2.6

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue 449 (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at Optimedia's NYC office working on various accounts. I was recruited, and I had a series of interviews on the phone and 1:1. It was a standard process, nothing out of the ordinary. It was ok.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue 449 (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty easy interviewing process. There was just one call from a recruiter in New York. They asked pretty typical interview questions and it lasted no longer than 30 minutes. They mostly asked questions about my past experiences as well as extracurricular activities that impacted my working style. There were some email exchanges, and boom. It was over. Definitely important to prepare a little bit just so you don't sound like a complete moron in front of your potential employer. Good to know some of the big-named clients they work on.

Media Planner Interview

Interview

After a first round phone interview process with a company recruiter, I was scheduled to meet with several interviewers to go over specific duties of the role. Was asked specific questions pertaining to the position, otherwise the normal interview questions about background and interests.

Media Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue 449 (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then an in person interview at their Seattle office. The HR manager set up a phone interview and was very flexible and personable. We talked for about 20 minutes about my experience and interest in the media industry. She then set up an in person interview and even though she is from New York, was there to meet me in the Seattle office. It was really nice having one point of contact throughout the process. There were about 8 other applicants there. The HR manager gave a short presentation on the program and then we took a math test. The math test is mostly about percentages. After the test, each of us had a 2 to 1 interview with two employees of Optimedia. My interviewers were really nice and we had a great conversation. The following week I heard back with an offer and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between media planning and buying?
      Who are some of our clients?
      Answer Question

Assistant Digital Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue 449.

Interview

I was interviewed by four different members of their staff who asked me about my experience in marketing. I came into the office twice and was interviewed by each person separately. The first interview consisted of two supervisors and the second interview was with two media planners I would potentially have worked under.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you knew you had a deadline and couldn't reach it.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how proficient are you in Excel?   Answer Question

Media Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue 449 (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview was to test your knowledge of the field. They asked basic questions about media in general and if you knew some of the company's information such as their clients. The second round had a math test that was fairly easy. Along with that, there was another interview with a VP. It felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Media Buyer/Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Blue 449 (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume to their HR Dept. for a position as media buyer. The HR person contacted me for a Media Suoervisor position. He set up a phone interview with the Director located outside of New York (position waa in NY). We had a great interview, she told me between my background & my personality I would be a great fit, that the HR person would be in touch. A few days later, the Director emailed & told me they promoted someone from within but with new business coming in all the time & my great references to stay in touch, perhaps they will have another position. Another position came up, I emailed her & we chatted, she said someone on her team in the New York office would be in touch to set up a meeting with me. A day later their HR person contacted me to tell me the pisition had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Do you get involved in Community Service?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue 449 in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very easy.
    1. HR phone interview, about 20 minutes. Explained the role, salary, and talked about my background to make sure it was a good fit. Typical interview.
    2. Interview with the direct team I'd be working with. About an hour long. Went into detail about the role. Asking questions about my work experience. Questions like "What would you do if...?" Just to see if our thought process was the same.
    3. Phone interview with Director and VP of department. About 20 minutes. I think it was just a final step to get their approval. Nothing really difficult here. More getting to know the type of person I am.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly hard. A lot of "What would you do if...?"   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue 449.

Interview

Met with 5 people, asked a variety of behaviroial and technical quetions

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue 449 (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Was recommended for the interview by an employee. Interviewed with the hiring manager for a while and he said he really liked me a lot, and wanted to find a way to hire me/negotiate salary. Then went immediately on to a second interview with his boss. She was very short with me, and I never heard from them again. They never even got back to me to say they were not interested or why.

Interview Questions

• What is your background/experience in this?   1 Answer