Blue (Illinois) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue (Illinois) Interview Questions

Interviews at Blue (Illinois)

2.0

Sort:

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied yesterday and got an interview call today. I am not sure about the legitimacy of the firm. Who would call the applicant within 10hours of receiving their application??

Interview Questions

• Nothing at all(surprising). Are you willing to move?   1 Answer

Blue (Illinois) Response

Jan 26, 2016 – President

To address your question about calling an applicant 10 hours after receiving their resume, we respond quickly to qualified applicants because we are not a huge corporation where it takes weeks or... More

Marketing Interview

Interview

Didn't seem legit. I found company on CareerBuilder and received a call immediately after. Woman on phone seemed way too eager to get me in for an interview. She kept calling me until I declined that opportunity. I would advise anyone else against going in for an interview until doing your own research online about the company like I did.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

My first and second round interview was very professional and thorough. The environment I was entering into was friendly, energetic, and extremely unique. I enjoyed the time they took with me to go over everything in complete detail and show me a true job shadow of what type of work I would be doing on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question was why I wanted to learn about sales and marketing. It was not just a few word answer because they went into detail about my future business and professional goals to make sure they matched what they were looking for. They went in depth about finding my motivation and drive for success.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue (Illinois) in December 2014.

Interview

I received a response to my application fairly quickly. I received a call from human resources/their receptionist and after answering a couple questions, I had an interview with the company the next day. (I will say that they were not very flexible on scheduling. I had to move things around in order to come when they wanted.)

I arrived at their office for my interview and was asked to fill out an information sheet (it was pretty standard for an interview). The receptionist (who also serves as human resources) was very nice and chatted with me (though at times, it was a bit annoying as I was trying to focus on filling out the paperwork).

I interviewed with the president of the company. He was friendly during the interview process and asked pretty standard questions you would expect in an interview. This was a preliminary interview, so it only lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Once it was done, they told me they would call later in the day to tell me if they wanted to bring me back for a second round interview or not (they'd call either way).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (While not a difficult question, for me, being new to this career area, I didn't really have an answer prepared since I hadn't thought that far in advance.)   Answer Question

I was asked back for a second interview, but after doing more research on the company and the position, I realized that this was not what I wanted to do and was not the position for me.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue (Illinois) in February 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview, Then a face to face
    They were very sketchy about the actual job itself and kept going back to UNLIMITED POTENTIAL and 100% Promotion from with in .
    After the interview I did more research online and found out it is DOOR TO DOOR SALES 6 DAYS A WEEK 100% Commission They really need to be up front for what the position actually is.
    I am an experienced B2B sales professional and when offered the job I asked if they actually read my resume and if they though someone with my qualification would sell door to door ? they hung up

Door to Door sales 100% commission

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I walked into the office very nervous and unaware of the interview because I was informed that I would be meeting with the President of the company. When he came out and introduced himself, he was humble. When we were in the office he really wanted to get to know about me and what I was really looking for, was very interested genuinely. I was super excited by the time I walked out of the interview because he was a down to earth guy. The staff from whom I met were great, friendly and happy. Which is everything I look for in a company

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick between freedom and security, which would you choose? and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I knew there was something fishy going on here before I ever showed up. How many companies do you know that contract resume submission within hours of when they are sent? How about setting them up for an initial interview within 24 hour?

As to the interview itself, it took maybe 10 min tops and almost no questions were asked about my academic background or skills. Perhaps more importantly, he gave me rhetorical gymnastics when I tried to inquire as to what the duties of the position actually are.

After I stupidly showed back up for my '2nd Interview' I got escorted out a housing development to sell door to door to people that did not have an appointment. I called a friend to come pick me up. At no time was there any mention that this 'job' was nothing but door to door sales.

This job is a scam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

This company doesn't tell you anything about the exact responsibilities of your position. They give you a chance to talk for about 15 minutes and then end up calling you back the same day to set up a second interview. The second interview is absolutely ridiculous; do not waste your time unless you feel like walking around door to door with a sales person. They fail to explain this is a door to door type job which only compensates you when you sell something. I unfortunately tried to be professional and stuck it out the whole day; the sales person told me on average they sell 2 - 3 U-verse packages a day, funny how the day I was there they didnt sell anything and constantly got the door slammed in their face.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you will perform better compared to the other individuals that are applying for this job?   Answer Question
    • What are three main skills you believe a leader has?   Answer Question

I decided to decline the offer because it was a door to door sales job that didn't compensate you at all unless you end up selling an AT&T U-verse package. It was a complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The first interview was very simple. You arrive prior to the interview and fill out a application in the office with several other people interviewing. During this the HR manager is working at her desk as the receptionist. Very outgoing and friendly. I thought she was observing us to see if we were outgoing. The interview was very basic questions about the resume. They call you back that evening after they discuss all the candidates.

The second interview is a lot more in-depth. They take you to lunch and go over the compensation and positions of the office and what the different levels require. It is very easy going and laid back.

Interview Questions

I personally did not like the aspect of Door-to-door selling. Even though they move you up quickly into a leadership then managers role, I would not want to be managing people doing something that I wouldn't even want to do. I feel like door-2-door selling is fading out and becoming less effective. I also didn't like the hours of 11:30am to 8:30 pm Monday through Saturday. It just wasn't what I was looking for coming out of college with an extensive degree in business.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by Blue's Human Resource Department, and I was interested in scheduling an interview with them. I thought the first round interview was brief and it sparked enough interest for me to come for a second round interview. The second interview was cool, I felt comfortable and I saw opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have been in, and how did you handle it   Answer Question