Boise Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Boise Paper

3.4

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boise Paper (Bensenville, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First started with a half hour phone screening. Serious questions for a first conversation. 3 hour interview with three different people. Different behavioral questions, but had to say the same thing over and over since the people come in one at a time, instead of just sitting in a room together, which would cut down on half the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your resume. Lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boise Paper (Boise, ID) in November 2010.

Interview

Was contacted first for a short interview over the phone which took about 15 minutes then I scheduled an interview at their corporate office for two weeks later. Interview lasted about an hour and a half and consisted of a panel of 4 people. Questions in the interview were about my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked by a coworker or manager to do something against your values and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Paper in September 2009.

Interview

Boise uses a hiring process called targeted selection. A group of interviewers will separately ask a series of questions that ask you to tell them a story about certain things in your work history. The answer to the questions should demonstrate you have tenacity, morals, work ethic, etc. Samples of the questions I was asked are; Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of. Tell me about the hardest thing you've had to do. Tell me how you resolved a dispute.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the hardest objection you've overcame and what you did to overcome it. .   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boise Paper (Vancouver, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

Panel consisted of: HR manager, direct supervisor, logistics manager, CSR lead.
    2 hrs long, switched rooms four times to interview one on one with each person. Ended with a the full panel in a conference room, final questions open forum.

The panel was very friendly, not intimidating, questions were basic and behavior based.

Interview Questions

• Difficult call? How'd you handle?   1 Answer
    • how do you help to create a productive working environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was proposed over the phone. Very generous for the work.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boise Paper (Grand Forks, ND) in March 2013.

Interview

I did an interview at my University for a coop position at Boise. The woman who interviewed me was nice but she read information and questions straight off a standardized worksheet. Many of the questions were not relating to Engineering what so ever. Most of them were about previous jobs, situational kinds of things.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked something like if I had a particularly bad experience with a co worker at a previous job and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Paper (Bensenville, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied via internet and researched the company & hiring personal
    1 - Phone Interview from HR
         a. Interview lasted 25 minutes and they will send you a response a few days later if you get a second round interview in person or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the declining paper industry?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boise Paper (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Standard behavioral questions asked by two managers/directors. Have met 4 management in total. The whole process took over 3.5 hours in a day. The office is empty with lots of cubicles. Heard they are moving to a new location. Seemed expanding and doing well in this difficult industry. Hiring managers have different standards for hiring and it's difficult to tell what qualifications they are really aiming for.

Interview Questions

• Your strengths and weakness/why can you do the job well/who do you want to work here/tell us about yourself/lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallula, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Paper (Wallula, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview took four hours over the course of one morning. I was passed room to room to speak with groups of 3 to 5 people for around 90 minutes at a time. First group was union staff, second group was several engineers, and finally was the HR manager and his assistant. At the end of each group I was asked if I had and questions, and toward the end of the pr

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boise Paper.

Interview

Phone screen followed by a series of 45 minute interviews with 4 to 5 employees you would be working with following a set of behavior/performance type questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at executing a task. What were the implications? What did you learn and how have you modified your approach so that it does not happen again?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick decisions (Offer within 1 to 2 weeks) some latitude to negotiate on salary, location and vacation.