Boise State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boise State University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID).

Interview

Called me for an interview a week after applying. The interview was business casual with the head of graduate programs and the admin for the office. The entire interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Student Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

They called me 2 weeks after I applied. In the interview they mostly discussed the job descriptions and everything I need to do on the job. The interviewer was really nice.

Interview Questions

• If I am able to work in this kind of environment   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boise State University.

Interview

The hiring process was four months long. Waited a month between the writing test and in-person interview. The in-person conversation went extremely well, followed up with thank you emails that were answered saying I would be notified when they made a decision.

A month later, I received a press release with the new person's name at the bottom. Still waiting for my rejection email after three emails asking if the position was filled went unanswered. Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas you have for reaching out to people via social media?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boise State University in May 2015.

Interview

in order to be given this position, a reputation in the department of my study was needed. I voiced my interest in the position by replying to an internal email. Questions after that were mostly related to my schedule and availability. This process was done once face to face, but mostly over email correspondence.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? How many hours would you be able to work?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online, was emailed asking for a time to set up and interview. Had a long phone interview (about 1 hour) where we discussed my career goals, experience, and skills, and then was asked later to do an in person interview where I was offered the position

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a German professor with a thick accent. The language barrier made me nervous but it was ok. I met everyone on the research team. It seemed like one of the professors really didn't like me, but I guess that is just the way he always is. Aparrently I did really well and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the coolest thing in the Lab?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just asked that I could have some time off a month into working there because u had a trip planned they said it was cool.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with an email asking me to come in for an interview.
     The interview consisted of a three panel of PhD's from the department. One of them was asking the majority of the questions. The other two chimed in a few times. I was asked specifically if I was adaptable and flexible for the position demands would change frequently. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this position or company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations for this position.

Professional Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in January 2015.

Interview

The job was posted on Boise State University's career page. You apply online by sending a cover letter and resume. The next step, after several months, was a phone interview from the director and former manager. The final interview consisted of a panel of five asking questions for about an hour. After the interview, I was directed to a computer where I read and answered a two scenarios the former manager had actually experienced.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you had to deal with a stressful situation in the workplace and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University.

Interview

I was referred to the position through a contact I had made with a former class TA (now a Professor). I set up a meet time with the faculty adviser at his office. The interview consisted of basic questions about my previous course work, knowledge of the research field, and interest in the project.

Negotiation

He offered me the job on the spot and we agreed on an hourly rate.

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a three person committee who interviewed me. They asked maybe a dozen questions, and then showed me around the library, introducing me to people in the department. I felt really good after I left, but then did not hear anything for almost 2 weeks. The slow callback is due to policies of the State of Idaho and the University itself.