Bonhams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.4

Marketing Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bonhams (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very informative and engaging discussion with the Director of Advertising. Lasted about 45 minutes to an hour. Conversational, talked some about the scope of collectibles they buy and sell, how my experience applied to their needs and touched on the pay and benefits (lowish pay but good benefits).

Interview Questions

• Focus was mainly on my experience and fit for the job. It seemed as though they also wanted to get a sense of personality.

Eventually they chose someone else and I'm very disappointed, I was really excited about the possibility of working for them.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bonhams (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews in the span of a week. The first interview with the Director of Business Development went well and flowed easily. It was basically an overview of the position and my qualifications. The second interview was with three people, unorganized and they couldn't have possibly appeared less interested. I think they chose another candidate before the second interview and spoke with me because they already had it on the calendar. Very disappointing and I didn't hear back from them after following up.

Customer Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bonhams (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very quick response time to resume and cover letter sent via craigslist.
    Consisted of phone interview with the supervisor and in person meeting with the supervisor and 2 other members of staff. It was a fairly relaxed environment and consisted of more of a "conversation." Although there were specific "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• Time management - this is a deadline driven environment, so you have to be good with using your time effectively.   Answer Question

Manuscripts Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bonhams (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with the department director. She was really professional and the interview went really short. She was expecting me saying something relatively about my previous experience at another auction house. At the end of the interview, I was given a small quiz which was to find a piece of work from their website and give description about why you had chosen this piece, what caught your eye to pick that one.

Clock and Watch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bonhams in November 2014.

Interview

I got a call back fairly quickly from my initial application submission date via email - within a week. Interview was set-up for the following week. The interview itself was short and not many job related questions were asked. I was a bit surprised to find out how little this person knew about my related job experience. He had my resume in front of him but gave wrong information in regards to my previous experience. Still, offer to have me come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I spoke Chinese even though my language skills were listed on the resume. I hate to think that he assumed I was Chinese. Awkward!   1 Answer

Front Desk/Bids Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bonhams (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was an internal candidate who worked part time for the company for over a year. I was recommended by several colleagues for the position. The interview was fairly basic - interest in the position/company and my comfort with client databases.

I did not get the offer initially, but after another candidate fell through I was given an offer over the phone about a month later. However, it became clear that there would be no pay raise though the responsibilities and time commitment were exponentially greater. I had to turn it down.

Interview Questions

There would be no increase in pay and no benefits - for a full time role.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bonhams (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Job postings are displayed internally first, so depending on the department, moving and shaking was common. I was interning for Bonhams and applied for a couple business management positions. I was interviewed by my manager, who already knew a lot of my experience. We went over my skill set and my overall goals, and she offered me a position based on where she thought I'd excel.

Interview Questions

• How has your internship prepared you for a business management position?   1 Answer

Accounts Pay/Cashier SF Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bonhams (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted first before I was asked into an on-site interview. The questions were standard consisting of the history of work experiences, what my goals were, what I can offer the company, and more.

Customer Services Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bonhams.

Interview

I interviewed with Global Head and a Colleague. The were very nice. First they told me about the job, then asked me fairly simple questions about why I wanted to work there and how I handle certain situations. It lasted about half an hour.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bonhams (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I sent the CV to the Hr team and the Head of department contacted me in a couple of days. I firstly met the specialists and in a second interview the Head of department.

Interview Questions

• typical HR question, your strengths, your weakness, how do you deal with difficult clients, how do you prioritise.   1 Answer