Borderfree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Borderfree

2.8

Executive Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Borderfree (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

During the job search process, you apply for jobs after reading the job description posted. I applied for the executive sales assistant position because I felt like my skills and background aligned perfectly with what they were looking for. I had a phone screen with a recruiter to discuss my qualifications in greater detail. I then had a phone call with the VP of sales. That call went great. Then have my in person interview with both the VP of sales and the Executive Sales Assistant who is currently in that role. Received positive feedback. The last step in this process was a final call with the Pre-Sales director. I submitted my availability. Never heard back from anyone. Talk about wasting someone's time. The issue I have is I didn't even receive a "Dear John" email. Just disappointing especially since I believed in the product and thought I could excel there over the next 6-10 years.

Interview Questions

• What are your day to day activities in your current role?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Pitney Bowes / Borderfree?   Answer Question
    • How did you use Salesforce in your last position? Were you tracking activities?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Borderfree (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

First two phone interviews, then a three hour long set of interviews with five different people, one at a time, each asking more or less the same questions. Most of the questions were just general biographical stuff, plus a few about marketing processes and approach. There weren't any gotcha questions -- it was mostly conversational. They never gave me an update as to the status of my application, which was pretty disrespectful of my time.

Interview Questions

• What kind of content would you want to add? What international experience have you had? Do you speak foreign languages well enough to proofread?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Borderfree.

Interview

I was identified by, then phone-screened by a recruiter. My resume then passed to Borderfree, who indicated immediate interest. A week later, a Borderfree exec. "interviewed" me by phone. Per below, as expected, there was no follow-up whatsoever.

Interviewer had (seemingly) not read my resume, asked me no specific/personal questions, nor expressed any interest in the ways in which I might contribute to (or enhance) the value proposition of her product or company. Her questions were broad, her responses to my answers were vague and her bearing was opaque such that I had no idea how to frame my answers. In short, her goal seemed to be "Disqualify this candidate as quickly as possible." ...Mission accomplished.

Perhaps Borderfree should decorrelate their market cap. trend (consistently declining) from their talent pool and recruiting process (old-school and ad-hoc.) and instead approach the process of identifying and acquiring talent with more creativity and vision.

Interview Questions

• "Describe your process of bringing a product to market."   1 Answer
    • "Describe your approach to designing a product."   1 Answer

Manager, Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Borderfree (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with supervisor then two different in-person interviews.

Phone interview, took 15 minutes. Asked a few generic questions about CV then supervisor talked about position. Asked to prepare "homework" for in-person interview.

First in-person interview was with HR and two other managers in the division then the supervision. Had a positive experience talking with HR and two managers about the role and my experience. Presented homework to the supervisor and was given good feedback but had no time to talk about my experience or the role with supervisor. Was asked back that day for a second round interview.

Had second interview was with supervisor and SVP of division. Both wanted to talk about the company and the position to make sure that "I would like it". Supervisor again did not ask any questions about previous experience. SVP asked some questions and answered my questions about the company and the role.

In the end, was told that supervisor and SVP would pass on me for the role because they did not believe I had the management experience they were looking for to manage a small team. Only HR had asked me about teams I had managed. I would have liked the opportunity to address their concern in the interviews and talk about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you ask the CEO if you could ask him one question?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Borderfree (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen by a recruiter and then an onsite interview with a couple other PMs. Both interviewers were very smart and asked extremely specific questions abut my experience, my knowledge of all e-commerce sites, my experience with agile, and how I would change the generic checkout page they use for all other countries. It was a very detailed interview for someone who only knows the basics of their products. One of the interviewers was particularly awkward to speak with and talked down to me. When the interview had proven the position wasn't a match, he continued to ask questions and prolong the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve this generic Checkout experience?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Borderfree (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

HR called me to have 15 mins phone interview. She just asked basic questions over the phone interview and decided to bring me for on-site interview. I met the HR in the beginning and answered around 10 behavioral questions. After that, the hiring manager came and explained more details regarding the position. The following day, I was asked to back to the office for another skill test. The whole process moved very quickly and HR was very effective.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions at all, only some behavior questions were asked by HR. For example, how do you deal with conflict between you and your supervisor?   1 Answer

I have other interviews lined up that match my qualifications and expectations, so I declined the offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Borderfree (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

HR phone interview followed by in-person interview with the same HR person, Sr. Analyst, Director and SVP, separately. Most generic interview questions came from HR, while the rest spent more time on discussing background, company, position and assessing personality fit. In-person interview also included an Excel assessment. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are potential data issues that you might encounter? (This was from the HR person)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Borderfree (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Company reached out to me via a recruiter. Both the recruiter and the company itself made the process simple and painless. After initial meeting with a team lead, I was told the same day that they would like to move forward with me and within a week and a half I was hired. I was placed in a fantastic R&D engineering team and both salary and benefits were clearly explained by the (wonderful) HR department.

The R&D hiring process is unique and focuses on a mixture of both technical/coding questions and mind-benders/logic questions (akin to the famous Google Hiring Questions). As a base, you should know what you say you know code-wise. You will be interviewed by a multitude of R&D engineers - and they know very quickly who can and cannot code or does not know their CS theory (algorithms, data structures, etc). The logic questions are not as important - they simply show what your thought process is. If you don't know the answer to the logic questions - they prefer that you at least try and then admit defeat than to just admit defeat without trying.

Interview Questions

• In your basement are three light switches, all of them currently in the OFF position. Each switch controls one of three different lamps on the floor above. You would like to find out which light switch corresponds to which lamp. You may move turn on any of the switches any number of times, but you may only go upstairs to inspect the lamps just once. How can you determine the switch for each lamp with just one trip upstairs?   1 Answer
    • How would you design a database to mimic a Reddit-like thread?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the terms were leaps and bounds better than the position I was at at the time.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Borderfree (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

1 Phone screen from both the HR and Hiring Manager followed by 2 in-person interviews. Both were accommodating to my time constraints. Quick technical test which made sure I had the skills they desired. Very professional company and people. I would recommend them highly.

Interview Questions

• There was a question on how I would answer a technical support email and a few database relational diagrams. Nothing terrible   Answer Question

Wasn't the right fit for compensation and career path.

Various Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Borderfree in January 2013.

Interview

I met with HR. They were really nice. Then, I met with two people. They were also nice. Who likes interviews. But, the process here was fine.

They offered me water or coke. That was good because it was a very hot day out.