Boston Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.6

Ambulatory Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a a great process! The HR person was flexible with scheduling the interview and instructions were provided regarding how to find the interview room. It was a great experience and the people who interviewed me were easy to talk to.

Ambulatory Service Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview: about 30 minutes, series of questions; In person Interview: about 1 hour, series of questions, role play, typing exercise, brief interview from MD, supervisor participation, follow up email to interviewer, 1-2 week for response

Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Human Resources was not involved. Got direct email from a program manager. First email involved setting up a phone call (which lasted about 30mins). The following week, I was brought in for an interview which involved meeting with 3 separate groups of people, all who worked in the clinic. The interview lasted approximately two hours

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very detailed interviewing process. I was Interviewed by 3 Ops managers. The interview lasted about 30 mins each. The interviewers used a behavioral interviewing process during this interview. I must say being familiar with behavioral interviewing helped me alot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle yourself in the midst of an employee conflict   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA).

Interview

It took me 6 years of applying to get into BMC. I had two interviews with BMC and I was happy they were interested and then I got hired.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult patient   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center.

Interview

One on one interview with the director. She was very nice and asked relevant questions. I was excited about the position, and it was nice to know that the supervisor also believed in the values the position claimed

Peer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA).

Interview

One on one interview with head supervisor. He was very nice and asked relevant questions. I was excited about the position, and it was nice to know that the supervisor also believed in the values the position claimed.

Clinical Nurse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very nice, they went out of their way to accomodate me and make me feel comfortable. They gave me a very nice day where I was introduced to all of the team members, took me out to lunch and ended the day with asking if I'd like to tour Boston.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Patient Navigator Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center.

Interview

LONG, frustrating process. Started with an informal HR phone interview in December, phone interview with two practice managers in January, in person interview with the same practice managers and a social worker two weeks later in January, another in person interview in Feburary with an RN and another practice manager, and finally an in person HR interview in March. All of these interviews were done in between multiple phone check-ins from one of the practice managers apologizing for the long process and assuring me that I was one of the top candidates for the job (there were ~15-20 open positions of the same role as it was a new role at the hospital). After all that, I didn't even get the job. See what I mean by LONG and frustrating?

Interview Questions

• Asked about multiple different scenarios with difficult patients and asked how I would handle them   Answer Question

Sonographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Step one of my process was a phone interview with the department head. Following this, I was invited to come in for a formal interview. The interview was fairly informal, gave me an overview of the current state of the department, how sonographers interact with doctors, the personality type they are seeking, and the length of time their hiring decision would take.

Interview Questions

• Are you a positive person?   Answer Question
    • If the choice to do selective reduction procedures were to begin at BMC, would you be comfortable participating? (Any answer was fine)   Answer Question