Boston Red Sox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Red Sox Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Ticket Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Red Sox (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Briefly reviewed my resume. Talked about academics and availability for the season. Talked about what the job entails. Also talked about the rest of the hiring process and what to expect after the interview.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Red Sox in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship with the Boston Red Sox in mid-January, the application is usually released in the fall and the deadline is around January 15th. I was notified in early March via email that I was selected for an interview with HR using HireView, a platform similar to Skype. I was notified in mid-April that I was selected for the position and was asked to complete a background check. The position runs from June 5th - August 18th.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Red Sox.

Interview

had a great interview experience, everyone was extremely nice and friendly. they were helpful through the whole process and it was an exciting experience to be interviewing for such a great baseball organization.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Boston Red Sox in January 2016.

Interview

Send in resume and then do a video interview using HireVue. Applied in November and was rejected in April. They contacted me in January to complete the video interview and they contacted me at the start of April-very, very long time. I don't like hirevue because it takes some getting used to and feels awkward but doing the practice questions at the start does help.

Ticket Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Red Sox.

Interview

A brief email asking for a time to interview. The interview itself wasn't too long, but fairly easy. I heard back within a couple days and was asked to come in to take a badge photo rather quickly. Between interviewing and starting my first shift, it was probably 7-8 days!

Corporate Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Red Sox.

Interview

Had to take a personality test and record an interview. Don't bother applying if you don't want to record yourself. They disqualify you from the process if you decline to do so.

Marketking Interview

Interview

As expected, the more important the job title of the person you're interviewing with, the harder the questions. Expect to interview with several people before being offered a position. The folks in human resources are beyond nice and accommodating. There is no such thing as being overdressed when interviewing with the team. The better you are dressed, the more it says to them that you want the position that you are seeking.

Interview Questions

• Why do we need you? Be prepared for that one, and don't answer why it would be good to have you. Tell them why they NEED you.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Red Sox (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone call from HR, Meeting at Fenway for interview than another final interview at Fenway

Horror stories

Fan Services Ball Girl Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Red Sox (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a casual meeting. We sat at table and talked. We spoke about the job, qualifications, requirements, and expectations. We exchanged a few questions. It was run very effectively and productively.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with baseball? And do you have any experience with customer service?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Red Sox (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Hirevue interview with around 20 questions. Each question had ten seconds for preparation and then 30 seconds for the answer. At the end of the answer you would click the done button.