Boudin Bakeries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boudin Bakeries Interview Questions

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boudin Bakeries (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I asked for the manager when I turned in my application. She brought me to the back office, interviewed me on the spot, and offered me a job the same day.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard FP&A interview: Excel skills, accounting experience, industry experience. interviewed with CFO and director of FP&A. One phone call and one in person interview. Process was very straightforward relative to most interviews I've had.

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boudin Bakeries (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview at Boundin Bakery was very easy and they just had a supervisor from the store sit down with me and ask me questions about myself, like what are your hobbies and past experience in customer service. Then the next day I met with the assistant manager, she asked me similar questions and then that week I started.

GSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boudin Bakeries (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Easy...just sound sane and customer friendly. This is an entry-level job so don't freak out. If you really want it (and I don't think you do) you can easily get it. This is just customer service really. Don't over-think it.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boudin Bakeries (Santa Rosa, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I only had one interview, then they asked me to come in a week or so later to fill out paperwork. They really aren't too picky about who they hire, they just prefer some experience of any kind and a low hourly wage (they REALLY hate giving raises). I googled what the average line cook at Boudin made (came up as $10 an hour) and asked for that. They said it was "pretty high" although the minimum wage is to be increased to $10 an hour in California now within the next few years or so... Anyway, corporate came back and approved it, although another worker who is much slower and sloppier was making $14 an hour so maybe they approve anything.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for Boudin?" was the most "challenging" question, if you can consider that challenging. Other than that they just basically talk about your previous work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiating was on hourly wage. I googled what the average line cook at Boudin made (came up as $10 an hour) and asked for that. They said it was "pretty high" although the minimum wage is to be increased to $10 an hour in California now within the next few years or so... Anyway, corporate came back and approved it, although another worker who is much slower and sloppier was making $14 an hour so maybe they approve anything.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boudin Bakeries (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a meeting with the general manager and a meeting with the assistant manager. After talking to both associates I have given a brief history lesson about the company. Then I was offered too test their product.

Retail Clerk/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boudin Bakeries (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I found a hiring ad on Craigslist for Baristas and Retail clerks and submitted my résumé. Two hours later a got an email from a hiring manager saying my résumé was of interest and we scheduled a meeting the next day. When I arrived I filled out an application and met with a manager who looked fairly young. He asked me simple questions about my job experience, then told me he would give my application to his supervisor. I waited for a few moments and was greeted by this supervisor. This part of the interview lasted about 15 to 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was the most frustrating aspect about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What was to most exciting aspect about your previous job?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boudin Bakeries (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Do you know Micros? No, I do not. No worries, you will learn it. After 2.5 years, I did not learn anything about Micros. Dead end job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took the low pay in hopes of learning and advancing career.