Boulay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Boulay

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boulay.

Interview

Basic phone screening, and then I was asked to come in for a formal interview. I then came in for a two hour interview, (HR, partner and supervisor, partner and supervisor, HR again) with a various employees.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boulay (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It was really easy. They came to my college and we had a one on one interview after the accounting fair and then followed up at the Minneapolis accounting fair. Julie is a great gal and made everything very personable and relaxed.

Auditor Interview

Interview

Basic phone screening, and then I was asked to come in to interview with a recruiter. I then came in again for a one hour interview, broken up into two half hours sessions with two partners each.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a group project you worked on and any struggles or successes you had...   Answer Question

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boulay (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and got an email about a week later to have a 30 minutes phone interview with the Director of HR. The interview was regarding a brand new position and they had the beginnings of a program built that they wanted the Specialist to take over and further develop. We talked about my background and the role for about 45 minutes. The interviewer was very open and straight forward about everything. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with training professional and senior positions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boulay (Eden Prairie, MN) in November 2018.

Interview

I submitted an online application through company website. Received an email from HR the next day asking to set up an in person interview the following week. Interviewed at the Eden Prairie office with various members of the department and received an offer letter later that week.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boulay (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Overall pretty unpleasant process. The phone screening was fine but the in-person interview was abysmal.

I felt like most of the employees interviewing me were conducting an interrogation. Not sure if they were trying to put me on edge as part of the interview process but I felt unwelcome and pretty intimidated. The people who interviewed me were cold as ice and not at all friendly. Regardless of the outcome I felt like that was a place I wouldn't want to work, given the people I spoke with would have been my close colleagues if hired. I don't mind getting grilled or asked tough questions, in fact, I'd expect that. But you don't need to come off as cold and disinterested.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about technical proficiency and background, working style, etc   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boulay (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the HR department and submitted a resume. I came in and had 2 interviews with 2 people in each interview. They made me feel comfortable. It was more of a discussion than Q & A.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boulay (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2019.

Interview

Since I was new to the Minneapolis area I was referred to Boulay through a recruiter I was working with. I was brought in for a 2 hour interview in which I met with their Human Resources Director and 4 individuals at varying levels in the Tax department. There was a lot of discussion of the firm's culture and values and a variety of questions to address my experience and career ambitions

Interview Questions

• They knew I was making a job change due to a move from a different state but asked why I chose to stay in public accounting.   Answer Question