Bowdoin College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bowdoin College

2.7

Sort:

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bowdoin College.

Interview

The interview process was a lengthy one. It began with multiple phone interviews before a face to face interview with various staff members. All staff members were easy to talk to, professional and friendly. In total it was about a 2 month process from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bowdoin College (Brunswick, ME) in March 2013.

Interview

Rigorous. Following an initial phone interview, I was invited to campus. I completed a full day of interviews with representatives across a number of departments with whom I would potentially work. Everyone was warm and hospitable, and the logistical planning - someone designated to accompany me from meeting to meeting - was noticeable and appreciated.

Library Assistant Interview

Interview

Very brief interview with library management. It took less than five minutes. Basically was a quick chat about my intentions and then we discussed available open shifts and my schedule, as well as set up a time for brief training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your schedule like?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bowdoin College.

Interview

I got called in for an interview a little under one week after submitting my application online. The interview process was brief and consisted a little over three simple, straightforward questions.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bowdoin College (Brunswick, ME) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was long and took place over many months.

The main hiring manager did a relatively thorough phone screening before setting up the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of meeting (in larger groups) with individual departments/sections, separately with multiple smaller "interested" groups, separate meetings with select senior staff, and a smaller group meeting with the hiring committee.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were about very specific areas a knowledge or experiences related to what was going on at the college currently or in the recent past.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bowdoin College (Lexington, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

I first had a phone interview first with CEO, Barbara Fox as a family friend had introduced me. She asked basic questions about why I wanted an internship there, how the experience could help further me, etc. Then I came into the office a few weeks later to meet the research management team, including the CEO and the three VPs. Each meeting lasted about 20 minutes.

Senior Interviewer Interview

Interview

Fairly straightforward, asks why you would be a good fit to be an interviewer and how your unique experience/background would help vet incoming students to be part of the Bowdoin community.

Information Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bowdoin College (Brunswick, ME) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief conversation with manager of student activities, confirmed availability and commitment to working specified hours, was asked why I wanted the job. The process took about a week and I was onboarded immediately after being chosen for the job. Quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student or faculty member asked something you did not know the answer to?   Answer Question

Casual Substitute Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bowdoin College (Brunswick, ME) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is a bit arduous for the position I desire but as an employee of Bowdoin College, everyone goes through the entire process. In-depth application, phone interview, in person interview, background check, physical, CPR/FA, transcript, immunization record

VAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bowdoin College (Brunswick, ME) in April 2019.

Interview

I was invited to visit the campus. I gave a job talk and met with all faculties in the Department and also had causal dinner with some faculties in Search Committee

Interview Questions

• What specific projects can you do in lab courses with college students?   Answer Question