Brand Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brand Institute Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brand Institute (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

It happened very quickly. Applied to the job online, got an email the next day to schedule a phone interview with a VP on the next business day, so really the process took 3 business days.

I was asked questions I should have expected, and some I did not expect, like really really basic questions - the one below. Also asked me how many variables I and my team members for one research project studied. Questions like that don't make much sense because what are they actually looking for? Someone could be looking at 20 variables in total, but they really only care about one. As some other reviewers have mentioned, getting those types of questions was a little demeaning. They said to me that they would be filling the position within the next few days. About two weeks later, I still haven't heard back from them. It'd be acceptable if I did not interview with someone and I did not get any response, but to interview with a VP and then not hear anything at all? That's unprofessional in my opinion.

Also, the job description made the job out to be something totally different than what I discovered the job would actually be like during the interview. I realized I wouldn't want to work for them anyway...

Interview Questions

• What type of file did you download from Qualtrics?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brand Institute (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through linkedin regarding an Associate Director position, I was interested so I submitted my resume to the e-mail provided. I was contacted the same day with a request to set up a phone interview with the CEO and a lead administrator.

Everyone else is correct when they say that they were very rushed with regards to scheduling the interview. 2 days later the phone interview took place. The CEO had to leave after a minute or so, but the administrator was very cordial and suggested that we set up an in person interview. So far, so good. I had read the negative reviews on glassdoor before my phone interview, so I was admittedly skeptical beforehand but since that interview went well, I was willing to do an in-person interview.

They wanted a very quick turnaround on the in-person interview as well - I had to reschedule due to a big snowstorm but it still was scheduled very soon after the phone interview. The morning after the snowstorm I was driving over to the interview and I received a phone call stating that the interview was cancelled because the position had been put on hold. This was exceptionally unprofessional. They utterly wasted my time after they initially reached out to me. After this type of behavior I would encourage anyone to not spend any of their precious time following up with this company. After reading all of the reviews on here, it seems as though professionalism, common courtesy and decency are traits that this company very clearly lacks. Look elsewhere for your career. I was affronted at the terrible way they dealt with my interview, but count myself lucky that I didn't end up taking a job with them.

Interview Questions

• This position requires a lot of presentations, is that something you are comfortable with?

This job may require some early mornings or late nights depending on when clients want to meet - is this something that you could work with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brand Institute.

Interview

I was contacted by them on linkedin and I sent them my resume. After about 24 hours they said they wanted tot schedule a phone interview and only gave me two times within the next 3 days. It seemed very rushed and after reading some of these other reviews I ended up declining the phone interview.

Adv Brand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brand Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

There was not only the CEo but also an Council in the phone interview, which was sort of surprising. They hang up on you, no interest in you as a Person, nor in your CV, experiences or skills. The only question was, are you willing to relocate? It was short, straight forward which I like but I'm suprised about a CEO taking his time and havin the time to ask the only question, are you willing to relocate. They could have done this in a mail, as they did before asking me for my salary.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you willing to relocate to Manhatten?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brand Institute (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and received an email from an administrative assistant an hour later that sounded somewhat urgent to schedule a call later that day (in a few hours from when I received the email) or the following day.

In the email, she asked me to provide my annual salary requirement and potential start date. I answered both questions truthfully and agreed to a call at the earlier time she mentioned on the same day I applied. After, I found it strange that I never received a confirmation email about the call and then when the proposed call time came around, of course she didn't call.

After I applied, I spent more time reading through the reviews on Glassdoor and honestly the company's behavior is not very surprising assuming the negative reviews are true. It seems like they were desperate to fill an open position and my stated salary and/or start date must not have matched up with what they had in mind, so instead of giving me the courtesy of letting me know, they took the unprofessional route of just pretending they never contacted me. I'm glad I didn't waste any more time and effort than I did.

Interview Questions

• If the position were to be offered to you, when could you start to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brand Institute (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick & easy interview process - seemed too easy like there is probably high turnover. I asked for a tour of the office to get a sense of the work environment and that is when I knew I could not work there. It seems like a sweat shop. The offer I got included zero vacation for the first year of employment - no reputable company does that!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brand Institute.

Interview

Before I start, a note of advice, accept all offers no matter your other opportunities. Let me explain, as they will not give you professional courtesy.

The overall process was quick, 2 weeks from LinkedIn message to offer. An interview with the CEO then an interview with President of the local office along with 2 others. Overall decent experience

I received an offer the after the 2nd interview, late Friday. I just finished a final round interview for another job expecting an offer early the following week. I called Brand on Monday to give them the professional courtesy that I was waiting to hear from another company later that day. HR said that would be fine, but 2 hours later they rescinded the offer directly from the CEO with no explanation, so after only having the offer for 2 business hours the CEO rescinded the offer.

This was all for a position that starts in 3 weeks (no rush) so I call HR for a clarification and got the clear dodge from the secretary of "she is unavailable" after calling 10 minutes earlier while she was on a call. I emailed HR and the CEO for clairfication this was the email response I received from the CEO:

"Thank you for your time, but clearly you are more interested in other offers than ours.
    Thank you for your time and good luck Sir in your future endeavors with other companies."

So as a passive candidate and after only 40 minutes of their time I should think Brand is the best place to work? Clearly don't care who works for Brand as long as they don't disagree with leadership. All said and done I was looking forward to working with President in the local office but glad I will never have to work with the CEO.

Interview Questions

I asked for a day to consider the offer and without warning the offer was rescinded without explanation. I had to call and email both HR and the CEO to get a response.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a call to come in for a interview and they gave me a address but what I didn't know is the fact the location is hidden in another building. There is no indication of the company is in that building they could of at least provide that in the email. Also I had to fill out a form which is old fashion, history experience etc, this could of been done before the interview date via email. The form it self had streaks that made it harder to understand and also some questions seems redundant and vague. The one doing the interview was stressed and very analytical which is good but he didn't seem bother or is very good at not expressing anything.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brand Institute (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied to an opening on a recruitment website. The interview process was quick and intense. I had a phone call a day after applying and the following day I was interviewed. The interview was for market research analyst position. Everyone was very friendly and the offices location is great for anyone living in Miami.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brand Institute (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Withing 2 days after applying, I received an email from the company requesting my earliest possible start date and my salary requirements. I responded that morning and a few hours later I received a phone call from the company which involved a quick interview with the secretary (really just confirming my qualifications) and then scheduled an interview with the CEO and General Counsel.
    I interviewed the next day, where they asked me 3-4 questions but really just spent the time telling me about the company and describing the job. A lot of questions like "What do you think about that?" Or "Does that sound like something you'd be interested in?". The most difficult question at this point was "Why do you want to leave Bench science/research?". At the end of the interview I was told that the Brand Director at Philadelphia would be contacting me to schedule an interview.
    Two or three days later I got a call and we scheduled an interview. The next day I received an email confirming the date/time and requesting that I bring any references with me. She was going to drive a few hours to meet me for a lunch interview and I was going to drive a few hours to meet her in the middle.
    We met for lunch, where I had to buy my own lunch. We interviewed for about an hour or so with a lot of the typical interview questions such as "What do you know about Brand Institute?" "Why do you want to work here?" "What experience has most prepared you to work here?" "Describe your project management experience." We then spent a lot of time discussing the day-to-day aspect and job expectations. As we were leaving, I handed her my references, shook hands, and was told that she was going to be interviewing a few other candidates and would let me know by the following Friday. About 15 minutes later I received a call from BI wanting to schedule a final interview with the CFO.
    I interviewed the next day, which in actuality wasn't an interview, it was a job offer. The CFO went over all the benefits and related information.
    I was offered a base salary which I countered by 15K and he readily agreed. Negotiate!

Interview Questions

Family issues prevented an immediate move to Philadelphia.