Brandeis University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brandeis University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.4

Interview

The professor will evaluate your last year's performance in the class you will be TAing this year. Then he/she will decide whether you are qualified or not to TA this class.

Interview Questions

• How do you answer a student's question when you don't actually know the answer   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brandeis University.

Interview

They seem to do a lot of hiring by committee, so I met with a few individuals and then a couple of groups of people. From being on the other side of the interview process later on your personality mattered more than your actual skillset, which worked okay for me, but I could see how that could be frustrating for others.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your ability to juggle multiple projects at once   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brandeis University.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview which went very well. The interviewer asked typical first round interview questions such as why are you interested in this position, what strengths would you bring to this position, etc. The interview flowed more as a conversation rather than an interview which was comforting.

Department Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brandeis University in April 2017.

Interview

Was offered a phone interview within 24 hours of submitting an application; was offered an in-person interview 4 days after submitting the online application. The phone interview was a conference call, and they were trying to move very quickly through the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? How do you react in high interruption environments?   Answer Question

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Brandeis University (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Initial interview was with hiring manager. Good open and honest discussion about the job and it's challenges.
    Took awhile to hear back but manager did eventually follow up that they had offerred job to someone else.

Interview Questions

• typical background questions to share my background and experience   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for this university?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brandeis University.

Interview

I emailed a professor asking if there was a research technician position available. Two weeks later I heard back and was brought in. I was a first year undergraduate student at the time, and they knew I had limited research experience. The interview focused on if I was willing to be trained. You won't necessarily be paid unless you have work study depending on the lab's funding, but the research experience is invaluable

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brandeis University.

Interview

Submit online application, pretty straightforward, check your drivers license - unless you have a terrible driving record or are really bad at talking to people it should not be challenging.

Application

Interview

The entire process took about three weeks from the time I submitted my resume to the time I was offered the job. The staff was kind and friendly. There are many opportunities to develop at Brandeis.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brandeis University.

Interview

Very traditional interview. Friendly staff. Behavioral interview questions. Provided positive feedback during the interview to help the candidate. Interviewers had spent time reviewing the resume and took the process seriously. On-site interview included rounds with a few different staff members in small groups, and included a few minutes with the SVP.

Interview Questions

• If a prospective student was choosing between attending Brandeis and attending the school you went to, how would you advise them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brandeis University.

Interview

The Graduate research team leader came to our class actually. Because I am a computer science student and the I was taking 3d animation class. The research that I am doing is directly related to computer science so the professor came to our class telling us about the opportunity. Then there was an in person interview after a week. Then they told me after three weeks that I had gotten the job. Then I had to do some paper work, formalities that the school requires new worker. After the paper work I was good to go. The process was quick.