Breakthrough Collaborative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Breakthrough Collaborative Interview Questions

Interviews at Breakthrough Collaborative

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

After submitting an application, if invited, candidates are invited to the site for a "mock-teaching" session. Along with the teaching session, candidates are tasked to lead various team-building and improv activities with other candidates. For the teaching element, a candidate presents his or her (their) lesson, then immediately receives feedback from the screener and the other candidates in the room.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

One of the directors called me and had a 45 minute phone interview with myself. Half of the questions were on about my background in general while the other half were more specific to teaching. The tone of the interview was very laid back and I felt as though it was one of the easier interviews that I have been through. I was notified that I got the job within 2 weeks after the phone interview via email.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Almost conversational; it was easier for me to partake in the conversation due to being from Miami. Spoke about culture, my interest in Breakthrough, why I want to be a teacher, etc. My interview happened over Skype and was about forty minutes long. My interviewer made it very easy to engage in conversation and it felt more like that than an interview at times. I enjoyed it because it was stress free, or as stress-free as it could be.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Application, phone interview with two directors and mentor teachers
    Be yourself! Unless you're not energetic, then be energetic

Interview Questions

• If you had to sing a song in front of a group of children, what would you sing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview (asked about why I applied, why I'm interested in teaching, and behavioral questions about how I deal with time management and working on a team) plus a 5 minute teaching sample video

Teacher Interview

Interview

Application process is a bit tedious -- app, mock video, activity, interview -- but these steps are put in place to ensure that only people who really want it apply.

Phone interview was fun actually. She asked me about my interest in the program and then we talked about the scenarios.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative.

Interview

Very easy, an application and a phone interview. You first apply online and the application takes some time to complete because you have to do a lot of essays. Then you get to preference your top 3 locations, which then your application gets sent to the places in order. I was able to land an interview from my top place, and then I had an interview with their manager. Super friendly, and I heard back about the offer in less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Just be sure to be able to answer a lot of situational questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Super glad with my decision

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very intense interview process. APPLY EARLY! I applied in December and nothing was finalized until late February.

Interview Questions

• They give you a list of scenarios and you have to decide which one matters the least to you. Very tricky and you feel like there is no best answer.   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative in April 2018.

Interview

Straightforward application process that led to a online video interview for about 30 minutes. Asked about my resume and my history of teaching and if I've had any former experience teaching.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

They asked questions involving instances where I had to work with a diverse group of people. They also posed scenarios that Breakthrough teachers could face in their classrooms, and asked how we would respond to those particular situations. Their interview focuses on how you would deal with diversity in general.

Interview Questions

• You overhear two girls, Jackie and Thalia, laughing at another girl, Fowzia. Later Fowzia comes to you and explains that the two girls had seen her shopping at Payless and have been making fun of her for wearing cheap shoes ever since. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question