Brigade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brigade

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigade (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview started on time , but Interviewer has a poor interview connection . Total interview duration is 1 hour . 30 min for discussion and 30 min code pair . Internet connection dropped in last 5 min of the call . I have coded and ran the problem as asked . Made some changes and sent the file to Interviewer over skype .
    A day later got a rejection saying that they have decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Design Minesweeper board . (Expected to do in Ruby , I have coded in Java)   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brigade.

Interview

Was emailed about there company and it sounded like they were trying to do something important for the world. I did a phone screening then a over video chat tech screen.

During the process they emailed me someone else's interview material, but that's excusable. However during the tech screen, the engineer was 45m late to call, and I was only given the remaining 20m I had to answer there question designed for 60m. I did as much as I called in the remaining time, which was a lot.

Was passed over at this stage.

If I was passed because technical ability, I should have got the full 60m like everyone else, when you force a applicant to rush in a already stressful situation it makes it that much harder.

If I was passed because I was not a good fit, then you should have told me what the roll responsibilities were from the start and passed at the short phone call at start.

Overall not a great experience, very unorganized and I hope they fix that. However I do wish them the best in what they are attempting to accomplish.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigade (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online, got an HR screen and the HR let me know that they want me to interview with someone else as well and to give my availability.
    After two weeks of no response from their end, got an email saying they are going ahead with another candidate.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigade (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen with the hiring manager and an onsite. The onsite consisted of a presentation and three breakout sessions with different functional groups, and a final interview with the hiring manager.

The presentation was for an hour long session and asked me to present a walk-through of a product I'd built from conceptualization to launch.

The three sessions with functional teams consisted primarily of collaboration questions. During the product session they also tried to fit in a standardized question which didn't really work with the format or time allotted.

Walking away, I didn't feel like it'd be a company or team I'd be successful with. There was a lack of product focus and a general sense of frustration from the people I spoke with. I never heard back from them after the onsite.

Interview Questions

• How do you typically work with engineering/design?   Answer Question
    • Design a feature that provides a method of communication between politicians and their constituents?   Answer Question