BrightView Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BrightView

2.6

Regional Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BrightView (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1st interview: 5-min phone screen. 2nd interview: a lengthier phone screen to obtain advanced agreement on a base salary (they don't want to negotiate salary later in the process). Then 2-3 phone calls w/ manager who could never keep an appointment - "I'll call you back in 15-min!" Then an in-person panel interview in a dank 1970's manufactured office that's more like a garden shed with a gross restroom. They base their interview questions upon an online personality inventory assessment you complete beforehand. Whatever program they use generates lists of prepared "interview questions" for the position. They take turns reading questions to you for 60-min. None of them live in the immediate area, so they schedule back-to-back interviews, making you feel like cattle. They appeared impressed with my background and interested in moving forward. Then a week later, I received a generic form rejection email. Okaaay. No phone call, which I thought was unprofessional - especially considering it was a management position, and I took an afternoon off to meet in person with them. Then they had the nerve to send me a survey email regarding my experience! Wow - quite tone-deaf. I wish I checked these reviews beforehand because several echo a similar experience. During the interview, they also told me that their turnover rate is very high - gee I wonder why!

Interview Questions

• Several, "Tell me about a time...." style questions.   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BrightView (New York, NY).

Interview

An absolute train wreck!

My first interview was on April 7th.  My sixth and final interview was on June 25.  Over that time I interviewed with the recruiter, hiring manager, VP of Human Resources, two Branch Managers, a Regional Manager, and another Business Development Manager.

Throughout the process the recruiter was less than helpful and only seemed to schedule subsequent interviews when I would follow up as to how the previous interview went.  After my final interview I did not hear from the recruiter until I followed up to let her know when I would be out of town for a scheduled family vacation.  She acknowledged the email, but didn't really have any new information for me (which was fine).  I followed-up again on July 15th after I got back from vacation and the recruiter, again, didn't have any information for me.  At this point I had zero interest in working for this company but I wanted to see how this all ended up.  I followed up again on July 31 to let her know that I really needed to know one way or the other so I could move on to subsequent second and third interviews with other organizations.  She emailed me back the very next morning to let me know that they had filled the role with someone else, I would be getting a system generated email letting me know of that decision (I still don't have that email) and she thanked me for my time.  I honestly think that had I not sent that final email she probably wouldn't have reached out.

I took a look at LinkedIn and the role I was just told was filled was now posted again.  Same location and the exact same role.  If you don't think I'm a good fit for the role that's fine but:
    A) Don't lie to me and tell me that it's filled and then post the position again the next day
    B) I've interviewed tons of candidates for a variety of roles.  I have a pretty good feel after the second interview as to whether or not this person would be a good fit.

I requested feedback. She didn't respond. I'm not surprised.

Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BrightView (Fresno, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

The process consisted on a pre-screening with the internal recruiter then 5 phone interviews over the course of a about a month with various people within the organization.
    The issue was that each interviewer blew smoke along the way telling me I was a qualified candidate and that if i had any follow up questions to just reach out and they would be happy to answer them for me. Not true. My calls were not returned. I was never provided a status or an update. All I ever received was the form email rejection letter 1 month after the final interview. Very unprofessional. A complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about past experience, what i know about the company, why I want the position, about how I structure my day etc.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BrightView (Baltimore, MD) in April 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview with company recruiter. Moved forward to phone interview with VP/GM. Moved forward to face to face with VP/GM and Director of Operations. Next step was to meet with a senior branch manager... a week later received call from recruiter that they didn’t believe I had what they were looking for as a branch manager... really! 5 interviews later... give me a break!

Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cocoa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BrightView (Cocoa, FL) in December 2019.

Interview

Very straight to the point, brief friendly, saw a now hiring sign on one of their trucks and called the number on the truck and the next day I was in an interview

Laborer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BrightView.

Interview

Went in to the office and was sent to a staffing agency right away. Went in to the agency and was sent to work the following day. Was a pleasant process, just did a urine exam and that was that.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. They asked no interview questions. There was no interview, they just asked basic questions about yourself, asked to urinate in a cup and sent to work the next day and that was that.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied and interviewed from out of state. The Sr Recruiter kept in contact during the entire process and provided next steps and updates. One on site all day interview with the Sr Training Specialist, another training specialist and the VP of training. Two other phone interviews with VP of HR and VP of the business area the role would support. Offer was extended 2 weeks after final interview.

Area Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightView (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

The Brightview Landscaping interview process via telephone was thorough and complete lasting 30-45 minutes and covering all aspects of the job, all aspects of character, all aspects of experience and education. The recruiter was helpful and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

Interview

Not stressful at all, two interviewers, they had asked me simple questions but tested my accounting knowledge of AR/AP processes. It was over in roughly 40 minutes. They were very nice and polite and did not grill too hard

Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrightView (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Very quick, contacted me for a phone interview through email within two weeks of applying. We had the phone interview within the same week that they contacted me for phone interview.