BrightWire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BrightWire Interview Questions

Interviews at BrightWire

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrightWire.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer briefly introduced their company to me, and then ask about my experience. I'm a college graduate and I don't have full-time work experience. He then just asked me to talk about the classes I took and answered my questions.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BrightWire in January 2013.

Interview

Writing test / language test

Global Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrightWire (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

They did an on campus interview and then they did a super day and then they made offers

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Brightwire will be a good fit   1 Answer

Had much better offers

Chinese Global Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BrightWire (Newark, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Had a case study in Chinese and two 1:1 behavioral interviews. The company seems pretty cool, but the interviewers seemed to lack much personality, which made me not want to work there. Company is moving to Manhattan in a month or so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a class you've taken that you've found interesting and tell me about it.   Answer Question

Writer/Reporter - Europe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BrightWire (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I met BrightWire on campus following a career expo. There were three interviews, two very hard technical interviews with a case study. The case study examined my language fluency and writing ability. They also asked a lot about ambition and personal ambition.

Smart people, innovative ideas, seemed really likable. Seemed also very young.

Interview Questions

• They dive into whatever you talk about and get very technical very quickly. Lots of topical questions for the region I was interviewing. Ex: How has the ECB easing of monetary policy affected currency rates in China.   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightWire (New York, NY).

Interview

1st - phone interview
    2nd- in person interview at NY
    got a quite long written exam to take and interviewed with the founder and another. The questions they asked were fairly specific and technical. For example, if you say you took corporate finance in college, they would ask you about a formula, and why should you use that.
    You need to read the package they sent you
    They have a small office and the people seem nice!

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrightWire.

Interview

The first round is to draft a report on the given material. Research and writing skills are necessary for that, nothing insanely difficult. Later, during an online-call the report is discussed and edited.

Interview Questions

• The second round is the on-site interview where the interviewee gets to meet the colleagues.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BrightWire in October 2011.

Interview

It was an 1:1 interview. I was asked to extract some numbers out from a nested list. For example {{11,2,3},4,null,{1},{4,null,3}}. I was using a nested loop to save those numbers in a new array. So that it could be easy to get any of them out. But I'm sure there would have a simpler way. As time was limited, I didnt figure it out in the interview.

Editor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BrightWire in January 2012.

Interview

In person interview followed by a case study. Never heard anything from the recruiter after submitting my completed case study.

Global Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BrightWire in November 2011.

Interview

Several weeks after applying online, was contacted via email with an invitation to take a skills test. The test consisted of a relatively in depth case study - finding, translating and summarizing five news articles about a given company.

I completed and sent in the case study, but never heard back from the hiring manager who had initially contacted me. Hoping for confirmation of receipt, I re-sent the email and again got no response. The company was incommunicado for about a month before I received an automated message that I was still under consideration, but that the hiring process had been pushed back to the company rebranding itself and moving to new headquarters in NYC. This email further stated that I would be made aware of the status of my application by the end of December. January rolls around and I had still not heard back. I accepted a job with another company, and was chuffed to recieve one final email from Brightwire a few weeks later, letting me know that I was no longer being considered for the job.

All in all it was a negative experience. Terrible communication from the company relative to the difficulty and time investment of their skills test. In my experience, sloppy hiring practices mean sloppy business practices; I'm convinced that I dodged a bullet.