Brightsource Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brightsource Energy Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Director of Human Resources Interview

Interview

In person interview with VP of HR. She never responded to follow up emails about the status of my candidacy. Extraordinarily unprofessional for someone at her level. In my career refusing to follow up with a candidate after you bring them into the office is unheard of.

Interview Questions

• She didn't really interview me, she left the room and handed me off to a subordinate.   2 Answers

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brightsource Energy.

Interview

Initial phone screen, two rounds of 1:1 interviews with which included the Project team, FP&A team, Development team, HR and the CFO

Stability of the company

Entry Level Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brightsource Energy.

Interview

Initial screening, then phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person third round interview with 5 of the employees there. Hiring manager was nice enough, but I could tell after speaking with the rest of the interviewers that they weren't interested with speaking with me at all. The last interviewer came in, chucked his business card at me, and then proceeded to interrogate me in an abrasive manner. Not to mention he threw in some strong profanity as well. It was completely unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jerusalem (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brightsource Energy (Jerusalem (Israel)) in May 2017.

Interview

They started with not hard coding problem, they was nice and helpful, i made newbie mistake so i didn't got any offer.
    it bit helpful if i knew Taylor series. and thats it

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brightsource Energy.

Interview

You're brought in and you have an interview with one of the team managers, who joins in with another team manager. Afterwards if you pass you have an interview with an exec, and later on with HR (standard stuff).

Interview Questions

• Can't go into details, but in the first part I was given a goal to write some code and have it compile properly, the interviewer was very nice and didn't breathe down my neck. In the second part the questions were more algorithmic/theoretical, running times, data structures, implementation, scaling etc...   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

there was no phone screening, only 3 interviews. the first was theoretical and involved writing pseudocode to solve algorithmic problems. the second was a programming interview, on a laptop, where i had to write code that would solve a problem, and get the code to work.

Interview Questions

• i can't specify the contents of he questions, but the most difficult one was an very hard algorithmic question, and the purpose was not for me to solve it, but rather see my thought process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

short