Brit + Co Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brit + Co Interview Questions

Interviews at Brit + Co

2.9

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brit + Co in April 2017.

Interview

Instead of a recruiter reaching out to me, a director-level person from the company contacted me. The phone interview was utterly disappointing because the person obviously had no clue whatsoever about how to conduct an interview. The person was also unprepared and didn't look at my CV before calling. They didn't know what questions to ask. I'm fully qualified for the role, with similar past experiences, but the person never asked about those. In the end it felt like the person wanted to end the call as soon as possible cos they didn't know what questions to ask. It's as awkward as it's unprofessional. There's a reason why recruiters exist, and I wonder why this director wanted to take things into their own hands. It kinda shows how disorganised the management is. Now I wonder if the company is just all glam and fun on the outside but a mess on the inside.

Interview Questions

Brit + Co Response

Jul 25, 2017 – Culture & People Associate

Thank you for reaching out and giving us more insight into your interview experience. We really appreciate and value the time that all of our candidates take to apply and interview for roles here at... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brit + Co (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was simple and moved quickly. It started with a phone screen with the hiring manager, then two in person interviews. There was also a simple skills test related to the position which was debriefed in the final round. Each person I met with was friendly and easy to talk to! They definitely were interested in my background, what my goals were, and we had great conversations. I met with the recruiter, CFO, Director of Finance, and Director of People. They did a good job of describing the newly created position and challenges that they currently face.

Interview Questions

Brit + Co Response

Jul 25, 2017 – Culture & People Associate

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. We are happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience! We are always aiming to improve our process, so if you have any additional... More

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brit + Co (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I hate to admit it, but the unprofessional and disrespectful nature of the hiring process for Brit+Co made me dislike the company a little bit as a whole. I received an email after applying online from a recruiter at almost midnight, who only gave me time slots for a day away. I spoke to the hiring manager/lead editor, who right off the bat, clearly did not want to speak to me. She was rushed, impatient, and seemed annoyed that I wanted to learn more about the role and company. It was obvious to me that she had already made her decision about me before the call even started. It's very unfortunate because I whole heartedly support Brit+Co's mission, but question it after talking to one of the faces of their company.

Interview Questions

Brit + Co Response

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Brit + Co (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen to start with a Director followed by 2 in person meeting's with other folks from HR, a hiring manager from the Content Team and the CFO. There was assessment given between interviews that was discussed in the final rounds. During the entire process, there was communication, transparency, and enthusiasm. The people I met and spoke with were passionate about the company's mission and future plans in scaling/growing. Each person I interviewed with was honest about where the company was headed towards and offered real life conversations and scenarios as to how Recruiting/People Ops could create more efficiencies.

Interview Questions

• How would you vet referrals versus outbound sourced candidates   Answer Question

Jul 25, 2017 – Culture & People Associate

We are so happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. We are always aiming to improve our process, so if you have any additional... More

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Brit + Co in March 2016.

Interview

Process was fine from the start, recruiter was responsive and engaging before the in person interview. I came in for an in-person interview. Met with recruiter and future peer, finance VP and was supposed to meet with the chief people officer. But.... "there was a fire, she can't meet with you today." I was escorted out, after I asked if we could setup an additional time. I was told they would reach out. No email for a few days, so I sent an email...no response....sent another...no response.

horrible candidate experience especially from one HR professional to another.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brit + Co (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

This ended up being a very demanding and disappointing process. I had 2 phone interviews and was asked to complete 3 projects (~30 cumulative hours) before meeting in person or discussing salary expectations. Projects included a sample campaign pitch, pinboard and final DIY execution and article with photos of each step, which required me to purchase materials and supplies directly from one of their partners. I received a generic rejection email a week after submitting my final project with zero comment as to why they came to their decision. I replied asking for constructive feedback and did not receive a response. It was surprising to see a company treat candidates so poorly after demanding such a time and financial investment from them. Says a lot about how the business is run. A blessing in disguise!

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Brit + Co (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

WORST interview process I have ever seen. After months of lack of communication, and misleading information, making me spend money on a project, a couple of phone interviews and in-person interviews, they decided to tell me that they still needed to recalibrate their needs.
    I sincerely had the worst interviewing process of my professional life. They were horrible at returning emails. You could tell that there was a lot of miscommunication within their team, as I was asked to come in for an in-person interview twice by two different people and it wasn't until the second time that they responded to my scheduling question. They were bad at answering questions (after months of conversations I never got a straight answer regarding compensation). Even when they reached out to my references, they didn't return emails.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would take the job if it was offered to me. This is after all these months of lack of communication and miscommunication.   1 Answer

Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brit + Co (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A one hour phone interview. Followed by an in-person interview at the company headquarters.
    Initially met with the head producer, then the creative director and then director of video.

Was asked a series of questions regarding my extensive background in this position.
    Was informed that despite the position being posted as a full time job, the position would initially be a 3 month contract with potential to lead to full time work.

Interview Questions

• Despite this being advertised as a strictly motion graphics position.
      How comfortable are you with doing editing for most of your time?   1 Answer

Digital Media Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brit + Co (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Pre interview on phone by HR. Then zoom interview with department head. That was followed by a day of interviews with all of the company department heads and the general manager.

Interview Questions

• What types of lifestyle video content should we do more of?   1 Answer

Food Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brit + Co.

Interview

I spoke to the HR coordinator on the phone. She asked me, via email, to complete an editorial project. I had a video interview with several people from the company and the HR coordinator emailed to say they decided to go in a different direction shortly thereafter. All this seems standard except that I don't believe it's ethical to ask a candidate to complete a labor-intensive project in the early stages of hiring. They basically got me to do free work when they weren't even close to the end of their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would go about reinvigorating their food content and leveraging what was already there.   Answer Question

Jan 16, 2018 – Recruiter