BronxWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.2

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BronxWorks (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a call which lasted approximately 20 minutes. This was followed by an in-person interview which lasted nearly two hours, with a 30-minute writing exercise. I never received a follow-up call or email with the decision for the position, which came off as unprofessional on their part. That being said, the interviewers were pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with [scenario]?

Name three strengths and three weaknesses.

Are you comfortable making home visits?   Answer Question

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BronxWorks (Bronx, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Hr representative for about 30 minutes. Then we scheduled an in person interview at the Bronx office the next week. I was interviewed by 5 senior officers at the same time.

Interview Questions

• As there were 5 interviewers, there were several questions from different areas. It was exhausting and overwhelming. Lasted for over 2 hours   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BronxWorks (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Interview was rigorous and thorough. The two ladies were nice but seemed super smart and expect you to be also. I had to take a math test and write a essay. Unlike any interview I've had, the questions were different and specific. They were very clear about the program being more than baby sitting. They explained a long hiring process. Took another job before they approved me.

Interview Questions

• Why do after-school programs exist? Tell a time when you had to integrate feedback into your work? What do I look like when I'm angry or happy. What do I do in my free time...   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BronxWorks (Bronx, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was typical of what I experienced with other organizations. I was first called by the hiring manager for a brief phone screen to learn about my interest in the position and salary requirements. I was then invited into the office a week later for an in-person interview with the same hiring manager. The meeting lasted approximately 45 minutes where I was asked to share information about my work history in regards to recruiting and diversity. Two weeks later I was invited back for a second round interview with the other members of the HR department and the agency's executive director. I was able to learn more about the relationship my position would have with the other members, and asked more specific questions about my expertise in recruitment. While I was speaking with four individuals at the same time, I didn't feel under pressure because I was very prepared for the meeting and answered the questions thoroughly and confidently. Two to three weeks after interviewing, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience conducting behavioral interviews?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BronxWorks (Bronx, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process. There was a panel at the interview. They asked me to do a role play at the interview. At the end, they asked me to write a sample in English and Spanish.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to case managers when they face difficulty in the field?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BronxWorks in July 2016.

Interview

Worst place to get interview at. The hiring manager at the location on grandcouncourse are pigs. They dont respect your time or your degree. I hope one day they dont have to beg to get a job. Super disrespectful. And after they know they dont like you as a participant they still make you waste your time writing a plan of care! . The only good thing was that I knew I wasnt gettin the job so I continued looking for better opportunity. Received a email within a week stating that I was selected . Thanks God sometimes no job is better than being at a job where your boss are going to humiliate you.

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BronxWorks.

Interview

Had me go to 3 interviews for a duration of 3 weeks. All of the people I met were sending mixed messages if I was offered the job. They contacted my references and I provided a writing sample 2nd interview. They never reached out until I did asking if I was still being considered for the position and still didn't get a clear response. The process is lengthy, inconsistent and unprofessional. At this point solely from the interview process and how they handle applicants I would not accept an offer even if they offered. My last interview was a panel of about 8 interviewers where it felt like an interrogation. One interviewer in particular judged me by my appearance by implying I couldn't handle the population due to my background. The interviewers appeared to be miserable and for such a well known organization I expected more. I expected the respect that they follow up after 3 interviews to let me know. I still have yet to hear from them nor do I care. I view it as I dodged a terrible working environment.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle this job? What makes you think you can?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BronxWorks (Hempstead, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is unprofessional, lacking of the true factors that you would expect from a company filled with those that have graduated degree/licensure titles behind their names. The process seemed unnatural and felt nonorganic.

Interview Questions

They interviewed me for one position, led me to believe that I was hired for the aforementioned position, but when I inquired about my schedule, I learned I was hired for another portion.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BronxWorks (New York, NY).

Interview

Was brought in to interview with two people. They were really lovely and passionate about their work. Interview lasted about an hour and then was asked to give a writing sample.

Interview Questions

• How can we be sure that you will stay at this position for 2 years? (I guess there is high turnover)   Answer Question

Child Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at BronxWorks (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Received a call to schedule an interview. When i arrived i had to sit in front of a computer and answer a question regarding the position. How would i handle a situation between a staff member and a child. I was interviewed by 3 supervisors at the same time. I was put under pressure at times. I wanted t add that the interview was one week ago but not sure if i will be considered.