Brown Mackie College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown Mackie College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

My name was selected from a LinkedIn profile that I have. I was asked online if I was interested in applying. I said yes. I was interviewed by one staff member on one day. A week later I was asked to test teach on another day. Then I was hired.

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College.

Interview

Interview was good. I felt relaxed and not barraged with questions. Mostly we discussed my experience and student and departmental interaction. Testing went well. Was one on one with campus president. He was a great leader but unfortunately didn't stay long.

Academic Dean Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College.

Interview

Interviewed with an HR representative. That interview was approximately a half hour. I also conducted a personality survey for them online. I don't believe that is utilized anymore. The president, regional vice president, academic vice president and had a phone screen interview.

Interview Questions

• If you have questions regarding policy, what actions do you take?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked to perform a short demo teach prior to arriving. He demo teach was first where a panel of directors pretended to be your students. After that was complete, the director will interview you. It was pretty straight forward. Basically, they told me about the structure, training, and use of technology.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied, took assessment, got a call, did two interviews. The longest part of the process was the background check which took about two weeks. Besides that it was a pretty straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you are looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Your asked typical interview questions and then asked to prepare a powerpoint to do a mock teach in front of your peers. This was quite fun and challenging but doable. After the presentation we went back and talked about pay and benifits to make sure everyone was on board.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Lenexa, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Was unsure what to expect, as this was my first external interview in twenty years. Was very warm. Both individuals who presided over the interview made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in teaching? How would you advise a student who might be struggling with the class?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

After applying online (Careerbuilder), the HR rep called to invite me to an open group interview. The Director of Admissions and a couple of the Associate DA's, along with the HR rep, gave an overview of the position and the history of EDMC. They then asked us to stand up individually and give a 30-second introduction, as well as pitch as to what made us a good match for the position.

Afterwards, they called six names to stay to continue with the process. One at a time, they called each of the remaining candidates back to another room to answer a few questions.

Those chosen were brought in for a final interview with the campus president, at which time a job offer was made. Four of us from the six were offered jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good match for the position? Very standard questions.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a great experience. Very comfortable and not stuffy. Able to sit and discuss the your goals in the position and offered extensive training in order to help reach the goal. Excitement about the school from the interviewer made the desire to work there greater

Director of Student Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

It went great! I really enjoyed getting to meet with the senior management and seeing how the campus operated. They gave me a tour of the campus and asked me a lot of questions about my experience. It felt very comfortable. All in all as long as you do your homework and can back what you are saying you'll be fine. The interview felt very conversational.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience? How would you handle a crisis with a student? They also ask alot of questions about describing (in detail) about a time when you may have gone above and beyond to help a student. Be prepared to answer this question in detail. Hopefully you'll have a few stories if you've been in the business long enough.   1 Answer

I received a better offer from another company.