Brown Mackie College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown Mackie College Interview Questions

Interviews at Brown Mackie College

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

After applying online (Careerbuilder), the HR rep called to invite me to an open group interview. The Director of Admissions and a couple of the Associate DA's, along with the HR rep, gave an overview of the position and the history of EDMC. They then asked us to stand up individually and give a 30-second introduction, as well as pitch as to what made us a good match for the position.

Afterwards, they called six names to stay to continue with the process. One at a time, they called each of the remaining candidates back to another room to answer a few questions.

Those chosen were brought in for a final interview with the campus president, at which time a job offer was made. Four of us from the six were offered jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good match for the position? Very standard questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Moline, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Was a group interview and then they took us individually out for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - everyone started out at $30,000 a year no matter how much experience you had.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College in September 2010.

Interview

I met with the Director of Admissions and we hit if off. It was a very easy interview. Can't remember specific questions. We discussed why I wanted to work there, five year plan, all the usual suspect questions were there.

Negotiation

Was too young to know how to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Mishawaka, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied Online. Received a call requesting an in-person interview. I arrived early, and was brought in very late. Interviewer laid back in his chair through entire interview. The interview seemed to go really well, I answered all of the questions with ease and he even told me that he liked my questions at the end. He told me that I would hear back from them within 3 days, and upon receiving a job offer would have 2 days to complete blood screening and a background check.

I called them after a week of no word, to see if a decision had been made, and they said they had more qualified applicants that they were moving forward with.

The job listing was removed for a short time after that, but is now back on the job boards. Apparently the turnover rate is higher than I was led to believe during the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose the best answer to describe yourself: Would you say that you celebrate victories or learn from losses?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Nursing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

I lived in West Palm Beach, so they flew me up and the Director of Nursing, Brenda Kinsey interviewed me. We hit it off right away and it was obvious we had the same philosophy of nursing and teaching nursing. Couldn't have gone better. I landed the job and moved up as soon as I could.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember a difficult question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate. She actually offered me more than I expected.

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Tulsa, OK) in April 2012.

Interview

I was really excited to go on this interview. I received a phone call to come in for a one on oneinterview. I went in for the first interview to meet with the person who would be my boss. He took me on a tour of the college, gave me info along the way, and asked me several on the spot questions, which he agreed that I answered very well. I sat with someone who was currently doing the position that I would be doing, and she was super sweet and we got along great. I was called for a final interview with the president of the college, which also went very well. He asked me several questions regarding my previous work experience and why I would be a good fit. After that interview I again met with the person whom I interviewed with first, and he informed me that I was a top candidate, he liked me and so did the president. He told me there was one last step, which was a personality test that he would email to me. After a week I still hadn't received anything. I then called to inquire about it, and also to see how the interview process was going. I was informed that I unofficially had the job as long as everything went okay on the personality quiz. I completed it, called a couple days later to let him know that it was completed, no answer so I left a voicemail, and never received any word back. Let me just say that the entire process took about 3 weeks, a couple weeks in between interviews, an everyone seemed to really like me and I received nothing but positive feedback.The only thing I would complain about is the fact that I did not even receive a call, letter, or email stating that they went with other candidates, I wasn't qualified, or any explanation at all. I took a lot of time out of my schedule and away from my family and felt at the very least I should hear SOMETHING! But instead I was left hanging. I feel this is very unprofessional and I'm glad I didn't get the job because I would not want to work for someone with such lack of respect.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade someone to pick Brown Mackie College over a university?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied, took assessment, got a call, did two interviews. The longest part of the process was the background check which took about two weeks. Besides that it was a pretty straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you are looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked to perform a short demo teach prior to arriving. He demo teach was first where a panel of directors pretended to be your students. After that was complete, the director will interview you. It was pretty straight forward. Basically, they told me about the structure, training, and use of technology.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College in April 2013.

Interview

Clearly your academic background had to be verified. There was a description about the school and a couple questions regarding dealing with students

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Firm fixed price

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brown Mackie College (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

My name was selected from a LinkedIn profile that I have. I was asked online if I was interested in applying. I said yes. I was interviewed by one staff member on one day. A week later I was asked to test teach on another day. Then I was hired.