BrowserStack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrowserStack (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process is really stupid. They ask you the same sales questions over and over again and there 750 rounds you have to go through before you get hired. The worst bit which I've never experienced in any other company is they tell you make a presentation on browserstack. Very much a let down and depressing. I've never come across any company who does that without joining them. It's really upsetting to see a company getting a series A funding but acting like such immature people and don't even know how to take an interview.

Interview Questions

• Sane repitative questions again and again. No idea what they are trying to achieve. + the presentation on browserstack is the stupidest thing ever   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrowserStack.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to schedule an interview. Followed up twice with my availability but then never heard from him again. Don't invite candidates for an interview if you have no intention of scheduling an interview or following up if something changed with the job status.

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrowserStack (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

3 rounds: Exploratory telephonic interview, case study, multiple face-to-face interviews.

First two rounds were alright and coordinated well.

When it came to the f2f interviews, the HR first saved money by not paying for my commute from Outstation. Then gave me the wrong office address. And finally refused to share feedback or even revert/callback to discuss why someone was not hired and/or if the position went on hold. In spite of multiple follow-ups, the HR will simply ignore your mails and calls.

You can hire from McKinsey or IIT but if you cannot impart professionalism or basic courtesy, then you've failed.

Interview Questions

• Revenue growth for Netflix has become stagnant. What could be the potential problems and how would you go about fixing those?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BrowserStack (Mumbai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was connected through LinkedIn, they reached out to me. At first we had a telephonic interview, later on I was asked to work on an assignment. After the assessment they called me for a face-to-face interview in the office. This was the whole selection process. It took almost a week to get my results

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work experience and my previous job responsibilities   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BrowserStack (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2018.

Interview

I was contacted through the Indeed Prime platform, following this I had a 30 minutes call with a 'Talent Acquisitor' about my background and expectations.
    Then I had a more technical call with a Senior Engineer with some questions about JavaScript (as it is my main language) after this call he sent me a technical assessment to complete within 24 hours.
    After having passed the test, I went onsite for 3 or 4 hours to meet the team and have another technical test.
    Following this, I had three more video chats: 2 around solving logical problems and one with HR.

The entire process took around 2 weeks from the initial contact to the job offer. I joined less than a week after it. Really quick regarding the number of steps! Very kind people at each step though.

Interview Questions

• tail -f like web app (front+back)   1 Answer
    • Browser manager through web API (without Webdriver) - start, stop, clean, ...   1 Answer
    • Huge file reading   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BrowserStack (Mumbai (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

I was contacted through Linkedin. First, we were given an assignment related to their product. Internet was also available. It was quite interesting as it gave an early insight into their product. This was followed by two face-to-face technical interviews and a final one with the co-founder.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about how could I have done the assignment better, GSoC project, and algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrowserStack (Mumbai (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

I was referred by my friend and HR called me the next day.
    Process includes:
    1. Telephonic Technical round - Basic details about project and experience from your profile and algorithmic question.
    If you pass this round they call you for onsite rounds ( travel reimbursement provided)
    2. Onsite Technical round: I was given a problem statement , a web application to be made in 2hrs.
    Lunch Break
    3. Onsite technical round : Another 2 hr round of problem solving given a problem statement for building a client server application. Use of internet is allowed.
    4. Technical Round F2F : This round was with manager and it included details about the work experience and cross questioning about projects you have done. It also included technical question based on networking, data structures and stack used previously.
    If this stage cleared then ,
    5. Techno Managerial round : This is taken by one of the or both Founder/CTO. It revolves around database handling, networking , scaling based question etc. It also includes behavioural question given situations. This interview was a little grill session for me.

Interview Questions

• How to read scale and write scale in database handling?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BrowserStack (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2018.

Interview

First round is a skype telephonic interview comprises of both technical and previous experience related question.
    Technical focus more on you Java threading and trick questions on core java. It lasted for 1 hour.

Post the interview. I received the mail that I will be given 10 days to complete a coding challenge preferrable python or ruby.
    The question checks the knowledge of multi-threaded OO programming language, basic computer science techniques (state transition diagram) and
    the ability to write safe multi-threaded code for production ready with automated unit tests.

The coding test was time-consuming. I have submitted the production-ready code with test cases. The recruiter didn't acknowledge for the code.
    After 3 weeks, when I follow up with the recruiter. I received an automated mail saying this email address is no longer in use.

I don't know if there are genuine or not. There were a lot of questions running in my mind if the company really exists in Dublin.
    In which company does a person leave within 3 weeks and his email address is removed from their list immediately.

I promptly tried to reach out to the HR team, there are yet to reply and I am not expecting them to reply for next couple of years

Overall, I had good experience in coding test and thankful that it ended here, rather than going in further rounds and get disappointment similar to this.

Interview Questions

• Java Multithreading, Locking, Semaphore, OO design patterns   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BrowserStack (Mumbai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted through phone, next step was a technical telephonic screening where the interviewer asked basic java and golang questions. Next round was in office technical interview. They will provide flight tickets for it. In this round you will be given two tasks to implement, each will take around an hour. Not very difficult questions. After that there will be a discussion with the founder. Thats it.

Recruiter was highly inexperienced. His attitude was always play it on my rules or leave. Throughout the process I was experiencing lack of professionalism, even with the CEO

Interview Questions

• Cliche questions in java and golang   Answer Question
    • Implement a remote 'tailf' over http and websockets without using any library   1 Answer
    • Write code to take screenshot of the last opened page of chrome without using any external library   1 Answer

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrowserStack (Mumbai (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process is really bad and the worst kind of I have encountered till date. It was a kind of joke. The team also didn't look good. They gave two assignments during the interview and expected one to build the UI as well as backend for the same. None of the problem statements were small. The first one was to build an application/UI with a backend server where a user will be making the request to the backend to get the "tail -f" for a specific file in 1.5 hours. I just completed the backend of the problem statement.
    Now comes the funny part. In the second assignment, he asked to implement again a backend in 1.5 hours which should support mentioned requests from UI:
    1. Clear cache/history of the mentioned browser in request.
    2. Open an instance of the browser mentioned in the request with the mentioned URL.
    3. Get snapshot of the last opened tab in the specific browser.
    Here comes the funny part, the interviewer mentioned that:
    "We will not be judging you on the code quality, code modularity or how well you have handled the boundary cases. We just want you to implement this in any way with any solution, however hacky it is."
    WTF! I couldn't believe my ears at first. I completed the code for one of the browser-Chrome as it seemed an interesting problem to solve and walked out. With my experience, this company only works quantitively and not on quality. Bad work culture where the pressure is just for delivery and not for quality or learning. If you are looking for something like that, attend their interviews. But if you are looking for good work, good culture, great team and seeking learning, this is certainly not the place.

Interview Questions

• Build an application/UI with a backend server where a user will be making the request to the backend to get the "tail -f" for a specific file in 1.5 hours. I just completed the backend of the problem statement.   Answer Question
    • Implement an application with a backend in 1.5 hours which should support mentioned requests from UI:
      1. Clear cache/history of the mentioned browser in request.
      3. Get snapshot of the last opened tab in the specific browser.   Answer Question