Brunel University London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brunel University London Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Systems Officer (Oracle Development) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

After attending an interview and receiving the outcome, I experienced nothing but patent unprofessionalism, ineptness, pessimism and judgemental sentiments from one of the interviewers. Let us dig into the reasons for this.

1) When my application was not taken forward post interview, I asked a few queries. Two went unanswered and one wasn't actioned until months later, which will be expanded on later.

2) Their answers were utterly negative in tone, cocksure and hypercritical, leaving me thinking nothing positive about me was perceived, an unrealistic viewpoint to say the least! This was particularly evident when my questions on how well I fared in the interview and areas of improvement were completely neglected and replaced with a battery of negative, speculative statements.

3) The feedback contained gloomy criticism including the claim I did display passion, which was demonstrably false. It was also alleged that I misunderstood a question which was false, given the question was not clear. Additionally, they foolishly assumed my answer on a prioritisation question was narrow and demonstrated inflexibility, again a false allegation as there was SUFFICIENT content in my answer evincing team-working, flexibility, adaptability, etc. Moreover, one of the brazen and cocksure interviewer, despite not being technical, alleged I spoke about different technology, which was untrue! I spoke nothing apart from ORACLE TECHNOLOGY so for this muppet to claim otherwise is immensely unfitting.

4) The panel's double standards were clearer than daylight. Here are relevant examples:

a) The claim that I exhibited no passion is utterly inconsistent with their failure to exhibit this. If passion was worth a lot to them, I would have at least expected to have seen this from at least one of them! In particular, one of the disfluent, technical interviewers was cold and rigid throughout, bereft of a single smile which was a bit unsettling. He also did not verbalise some of his questions properly by making grammatical mistakes.

b) The assumption I had no analytical and listening skills for misunderstanding one of their poorly phrased questions is starkly incompatible with their inability to answer my simple question on how the political climate affected applicant numbers. Instead, I received an evasive, disinterested response which commented that the same nationality groups still exist. Did that answer my query? NO. I had no interest in knowing about nationality groups of applicants, but instead applicant numbers in total, regardless of their groups. Moreover, there was no answer to my query on the applicant count for this job despite asking twice, plus no grounds for dodging the question emerged. Thus, the confused, incompetentindividual was the one decidedly unable to exercise listening and analytical skills.

c) Mortification followed after it was supposed I wasn't fully organised for answering a question which wasn't worded properly. I was offered travel remittance to the interview, albeit despite chasing them up THREE TIMES, they did not process this until FOUR MONTHS elapsed, wherefore flouting their previous two assurances. What utter mess and hypocrisy for an employer claiming "Good organisational skills" and "Timeliness" are desired employee traits on job descriptions! And sheer disparities in the standards with their disorder while slamming me for being disorganised! Not a word of apology surfaced from the panel, which was highly unbecoming.

In summary, the feedback was completely one-sided and unfair with misjudgements of alleged weaknesses which they THEMSELVES demonstrated. I have never experienced such gloom, negativity and inconsistency heretofore, and will probably not do so again. I will not even conceive for a jiffy working for them and neither should you.

Ph D Candidate Interview

Interview

send email firstly, show your background and interest. then is a face to face interview in the office. Very easy if your background is match with the prof. if you passed, you will get an offer quickly.

Timetabler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Brunel University London (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

When I attended, I was given a long test to do with absurd time-constraints. I was told I would not be able to finish the test in the limited time by their staff (which felt demotivating). As expected, I didn't finish all questions, which didn't psychologically help me in the interview. One of the interviewers went off-topic and suggested I apply for other roles, giving me the impression that I am less suitable for the one I was interviewed for. Also, she would keep interrupting me I was giving my answers, which felt annoying and was unprofessional. When I asked Yes/No questions, she didn't give direct Yes/No answers, but instead went off-topic again.

After the interview, feedback on justifying the final decision was delayed, demonstrating their sloppiness.

I believe the interviewers need to brush up on their interviewing skills by not throwing in red herrings, interrupting candidates and giving long-winded, imprecise answers to simple questions.

Brunel Buddies Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brunel University London (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was to the point and definite. We had clear description of what they expect from us and following that It was easy to get in. Encouraging new students and guiding them properly about the rules, regulations, facilities and extra benefits within the university. For ex: Students can exchange their used bed sheets every week from the residence center..

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about the University?   2 Answers

Job Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brunel University London (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was rushed, asked to give presentation. But no facilities such as projector or screen where made available. Opening statement by interviewer "we are pushed for time today". Found whole process quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would I make an employee do something they did not want to do.   2 Answers

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brunel University London.

Interview

1.In the beginning, you have to do a 30 mins presentation.
    2.They will ask your something about your research project and future plans.
    3. you can ask some questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• What you plan to do in the near 3 to 5 years?
      How do you think the project?   Answer Question

Interview

Was sent an email about interview times. The interview was quite casual and friendly and interviewers were very informative about the role. Was asked general questions like why I wanted the role, what experience I've had related to the role and what I would organise for my own event for new international students.

Interview Questions

• If you had to organise an event, what would you organise?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brunel University London (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was invited for a 3hr test as part of the interview process in the middle of the week. If i passed successfully i would then be invited for a formal interview on the following week Wednesday. I found this to be very disruptive to my calendar for a role which is not complicated nor at a managerial level. This is also after having been turned down for the same role a month earlier and i was re-invited.

Project Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brunel University London (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

My own interview was different from the normal procedure since I was not in the UK. We conducted the interview through Skype and I had a panel of 3 interviewers during my session. The interview lasted for approximately 30 minutes and questions were more technical, relating to concepts I learned during my first two years at university.

Interview Questions

• What components are used to make a simple low pass filter?   1 Answer

Support Worker (Disability and Dyslexia Service) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brunel University London (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty informal chat outlining the job role and what was required, availability is vital. I was interviewed by the support worker coordinator (my current boss), very friendly, switched on and detail orientated. It took place in the DDS which is the library building on the top floor in a side room. Questions at the end ( I think i asked about the training course).

Interview Questions

• 1 Educational background, what lectures I had at Uni. What was my notetaking style.   1 Answer
    • 2. How is your Typing/writing speed and your spelling and grammar   1 Answer
    • 3 How are you working with students.   1 Answer
    • 4 Availability, there is no holiday in term time allowed.   1 Answer
    • 5. Availability for the 1 week training course.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase the pay is fixed