Buc-ee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Buc-ee's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

1.7

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buc-ee's.

Interview

The interview was fun and laid-back a lot of laughing. He had all your information pulled up on the computer while he was talking to you. Very easy no stress what so ever. Nice guy.

Cleaning Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Buc-ee's.

Interview

I got a phone interview the day after I applied. I was told to come into Buc ees for a one on one interview the next morning. After the interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buc-ee's.

Interview

It lasted about 20 mins they asked about my qualities and why I wanted the job. It was a typical interview and not difficult. I was referred to the company by a friend from submitting application to being hired was about a 2 week process

Interview Questions

• give an example of how you handled a problem in the workplace   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buc-ee's.

Interview

Has anybody gotten an email immediately from them for a background check website first thing? I applied online and a day or two later got an email and completed a background check thingy. But i don't know what that means.

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure if this means they'll hire or not.   1 Answer

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Temple, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

You go into the interview room and he asked how the store looked. Also asked about how I felt about not allowing truck drivers in their store.It was short and irrelevant

Interview Questions

• What I thought about the store   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buc-ee's.

Interview

Applied online. After one week received a phone call to come to the store for the interview which lasted 45 minutes to an hour. The interviewer was professional and cordial. He explained what is expected of the employee in detail. The dress code was also explained in detail. Now waiting for offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been late? Being even one minute late is not tolerated.   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke? Buc-ee's is very customer oriented. Immediate termination if seen smoking anywhere on the premises.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Baytown, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

First they will call you for a phone interview, and then if you pass that they will schedule you for an in-person interview. I passed the phone, and then I interviewed with the hiring manager, and if you pass the interview with him, you will be scheduled for a second interview with the district manager. I was able to do both interviews that same day, but your second interview may be scheduled for another day. My interview was for 1:00pm and I arrived at 12:50 sharp! Time and attendance is really important (being just one minute late leaves a lasting impression) so if you arrive a few minutes earlier than scheduled they will notice, and greatly appreciate it. The questions were really easy, they're looking for hardworking dedicated dependable people, so make sure all of your answers fall back onto how dependable and hardworking you are. They also asked questions like "name a time when you couldn't finish a task.." "tell a time where you felt like you couldn't finish a task, what did you do?" Also smile a lot and make sure you DRESS PROFESSIONAL (business suit, slacks and a button down shirt, etc.), both the district and general manager said I looked very professional. The whole process lasted about 30-40 minutes and they offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you couldn't finish a task, how did you handle it?
      Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      What makes you angry?
      What do you like to do on your free time?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Luling, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Luling, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick, similar to the application on website, the manager was/is very laid back. He also quickly interviewed me over the phone, similar to the application. Was fairly easy and not difficult to complete. They did take into consideration that i was finishing up high school and worked with me for when I could start working.

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Temple, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Ready to stand for 8 hours, work weekends, clean a lot, and tell people what beaver nuggets are. Be presentable, look neat, use manners, be willing to work hard and back that up.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Belton, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

They do a brief interview on the phone, then they call you in for an interview takes about 30 min. You have 3 days to take a drug test then they call you back for orientation. They do tell you in the interview how you may or may not have breaks. Manager who interviewed me wasnt very kind. Kept on adding how the job pays so well and told me how I will probably not get another high paying job like this again.