Buc-ee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Buc-ee's

2.0

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Just because I had a tattoo on my arm that could be covered very easily they said they had to pass on hiring me. He even said you seem to be great for the job. It is their loss.

Interview Questions

• Do you have tattoos on your arms?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (New Braunfels, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

You arrive on time but expect to wait 10 mintues or more to see boss who will interview you. Dress conservative, no hair dye, or piercings. Be ready to answer some questions about buc-ee's

Interview Questions

• Why buc-ee's?   1 Answer
    • What was the worse thing you heard about us?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a realible car?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

They asked me questions about my skills, my traits, and also other basic questions. They then had me watch a presentation of all the basics and had me wait for a call.

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Texas City, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Took a month for them to give me a phone call interview, afterwards got an interview with two managers back to backing one day, and then finally with the district manager. I want to say one of the mangers was making me feel uneasy and uncomfortable. Because they kept repeating the consequences of being late and how after three times of being written up we would be terminated. They also said if you were a second late they wouldn't tolerate it. And I felt like they were pushing me away from accepting the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buc-ee's.

Interview

interview was a bit easy. they had all your information pulled up while interviewing you. Very welcoming and polite even though i knew i blew the interview. interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Temple, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring process takes a while because of the online certifications but, the interview process felt relaxed and the manager was really kind and made me feel less nervous. I did have to wait about 15-20 minutes before I actually got to interview though.

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (New Braunfels, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

You get a phone call for a screening process to see if you qualify or not. If you advance to a interview you will be interviewed by either the operations manager or the district manager or both.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer for bucees?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Luling, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buc-ee's (Luling, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

After applying online, and waiting several weeks with no response, I went in to the store to see what was going on. I had just seen a new job posting ad, and was overqualified for the position. Turns out they just dropped the ball.

They now have a video interview process.

Interview Questions

• When the GM looked at my resume and told me that I had made some bad choices, that should have been a red flag. I was still in college and had held various jobs since high school, and the common cause of changing jobs was moving for my education. I regret not asking him for clarification about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buc-ee's.

Interview

Applied online. After one week received a phone call to come to the store for the interview which lasted 45 minutes to an hour. The interviewer was professional and cordial. He explained what is expected of the employee in detail. The dress code was also explained in detail. Now waiting for offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been late? Being even one minute late is not tolerated.   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke? Buc-ee's is very customer oriented. Immediate termination if seen smoking anywhere on the premises.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Buc-ee's in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within 3 days. My 1st interview was set up on the following day. The 2nd interview was 2 days after that and I was extended an offer contingent on passing a background check and drug test. The interview itself was Very straightforward. It seemed like the manager already knew he was going to hire me.