Bucks County Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bucks County Community College Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bucks County Community College

Administrative Assist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bucks County Community College (Newtown, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phoned me to schedule an interview. Mentioned there would be several people conducting the interview. Nice and pleasant on phone. Seemed to care that the time and day of the i strives suited my schedule as well.

Interview Questions

• Extremely typical interview questions from the entire panel. Google "sample interview questions" and you'll undoubtedly come across the ones used. "What was your most challenging day like?" "Describe a conflict you had at work and how you overcame it". "how would others describe you?" Etc wtc etc   Answer Question

Counseling Intern In Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bucks County Community College (Newtown, PA).

Interview

A very thorough interview process, with many thought-provoking questions. None of the questions were designed to 'trip you up' however. Prepare by knowing the mission of the school and research information about the department. Felt comfortable because I prepared well, plus the supervisors I spoke with were genuine and kind.

Interview Questions

• "Could you please give us three adjectives to describe yourself and your work approach?" (I know that might sound easy enough, but just have three good ones ready for yourself just in case!)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bucks County Community College (Newtown, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Dean and Coordinator conduct the interview while I answered questions regarding my education, experience, teaching style, strategies and schedule course and job expectations. I was hired a few days later and subsequently submitted syllabi for approval and attended mandatory in-service training. Like any beginning teacher, the first couple semesters were challenging but got more comfortable as time went on with more experience.

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bucks County Community College (Newtown, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

I received the interview by referral of a current employee, was directed to call the department head then an in person interview was scheduled for later that week. Interview was held in the department heads office to begin with then we traveled to the lab to meet with more staff and check out the lab.

Interview Questions

• I was "over-quallified" for the position so no questions so no questions were difficult. My background previous to this position was in education and I had a lot of experience with student interaction. For applicants with out previous experience with students may have difficulty answering questions regarding students.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bucks County Community College (Newtown, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

Contacted within 2 days of applying. Phone interview set up for following week. Interview consisted of four questions, with little opportunity for me to highlight strengths. Told finalists would be contacted within a week, and to assume I was not selected for next stage if not contacted , and not to contact HR or the hiring manager. Since I have had been in situations where "next week" turned into several months, I asked when it might be appropriate to follow up and was told not to. I found it impossible to "read" how my responses were received, and I was given no indication one way or the other whether I would make the cut to the next stage. Since I have not heard back, I assume I didn't make the cut, despite having credentials for the particular job that few others were likely to have (perhaps why I was contacted two days after submitting my application). This leads my to speculate whether the decision was already made to promote an internal candidate, and that the phone interview was pro forma.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle Situation X?   1 Answer