Bulk Barn Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bulk Barn Foods Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.0

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods (Sydney, NS (Canada)).

Interview

It was very rude and did not like any of it,they made very inappropriate statements and it was like a staring contest,also they seemed very fake and creepy,while in the interview they had hollered at an employee

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very informal, basically just checking to see if you are committed and will work hard. It's in person and done with the manager or possibly the head supervisor at the time.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a employees, and interviewed a day later. The interview took only 30 minutes and then I was asked when I could start. The manger read my resume asked me some questions about my previous employment and asked if I had any references. I was able to supplied the Manger with 3 references. I was then fitted for a uniform and advised that they would call me for training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate the hours and days of work.

Cashier Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied in person and received a call about a week later. The interview was very laid back. I was asked about my availability and my previous work experience. Got a call a few hours later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you gave great customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods (North Bay, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, tho a friend of mine worked there and mentioned I was looking for a job to the Store Owner, and he told me to come in that day for an interview. Your basic minimum wage job interview process. Your strengths, weaknesses, what you would like to improve, do you have experience here here and her. Do you have any questions for us. Basic stuff. Was interviewed by both Store Owner and Store Manager, as well as got a chance to meet current employees when I met for my interview.

Payroll Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had to do a test on a computer for math, attention to detail, and comprehension skills. Then I spoke with the senior person in the role as well as the manager. They were both such nice and great people, the interview was very comfortable and I would be happy to speak with them anytime. The questions were not skill based, rather personality based. This organization and its management team really care about who you are and want to help you grow far within your role.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you could not meet a deadline and what did you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

a joke, they asked nothing to do with the store. just three questions about previous work. They asked me if I liked to bake or cook.. the interview took about 10 minutes. Then after they called me back I had to buy two pairs of black pants and all black shoes for a part time job

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer who is upset about a previous purchase   Answer Question

Negotiation

" are you still interested in the job"
    "can you start monday"

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied as a high school student and received a phone call with questions regarding hours of availability, languages spoken, and hour expectations. Received an interview invite through email and it went on from there. Interviews are in the morning on weekdays I believe (less customers) with the Franchise Owner. Mine was a little over 15 minutes, interviewer asked about references and would give them a call after your interview, of course, this was dependent on how well your interview went (she told me i did terrific and lowkey didn't end up calling my references). Received a job offer a few hours later and started on the day that was best for me (which allowed me to go CNE the day before).
    BTW, they have a new training program which came in place the 2nd week of August 2015. This includes a new training approach a long with a booklet of suggestions of interview questions and example answers.
    **Not using the real location for reasons (I want to stay employed)

TIPS FOR YOU GUYS:
    - have references that will only say good things about you
    - practice your answers
    - go over your application/resume
    - be well prepared, dress for success
    - greet the front cashier nicely (there are cameras)
    - not giving any more tips I have done enough for my future competition lol

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods.

Interview

Was an easy interview. Got called in a week after I submitted my resume in hand, talked to the manager for 20 minutes which consisted of easy questions that are very typical in all interviews. Then was called to get hired a few days later.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Truro, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bulk Barn Foods (Truro, NS (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Brought through the stock room to the office where I sat down with both a manager and assistant manager, they both asked the usual basic entry level questions. Afterwards I left feeling very positive about the interview.