Bureau Veritas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bureau Veritas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

Laboratory Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas in November 2015.

Interview

The whole process was straight forward. Phone interview with an in person follow up. Met with two individuals who where very approachable and not intimidating. Questions were unique but thought provoking. They ultimately wanted to discuss a position that was a step lower than what I applied for since that position was filled internally.

Interview Questions

• What is something you have failed at in the past and how has it changed you?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, the process took a month. 4 phone interviews and 2 face-to-face interviews with your direct manager and your client. Before the last phone interview, I asked to research a topic and summarize my findings following a format provided.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I under sold myself...I gave them a range and they took advantage of that...Do your research before providing a range..... Lesson learned...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

this was a face to face interview with three interviewers at the houston office. I was asked several questions relating to the job experience i listed on my resume. the overall experience was great and i was excited

Receptionist Interview

Interview

Hiring process was very enjoyable and positive.

Interview Questions

• were you ever let go from another job.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

One and done. They brought me in and made their offer by the end of the week. The interview was pretty relaxed with simple questions like "Give me an example when..."

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to work with an angry customer. What was the issue? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Petroleum Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lutcher, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas (Lutcher, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Fast! They wanted you to rush and get a urine/hair test done, then fly you through OSHA, TWIC, and plant safety and you got paid for it, but you started working immediately after and long hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to work forever?   1 Answer

Field Inspector Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas in July 2010.

Interview

I submitted an electronic resume on a Sunday and before I got home from work on Monday I had been contacted. They wanted to hire me immediately only I had reservations. I wanted to know more about the position and what it had to offer than they seem to want to know about me. I asked for a face to face meeting and they were surprised that I was not just jumping at the opportunity. I took the position after meeting with them and have no regrets since.

Interview Questions

• Can you start immediately, and without a person to person meeting. They only wanted a photo which I felt was odd but later I discovered was industry standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a set income based on contractual guidelines of their customer

Staff Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kailua, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas (Kailua, HI) in January 2010.

Interview

I contacted Bureau Veritas via email, sending in a resume following an email about a job posting coming from my University- UH Manoa in August or September. I received a call back in December about interviewing after the holidays, which I did (so early January). I wore a suit to my interview. I was interviewed by the local VP of the company and my future manager. They mostly asked about the geology program at the University of Hawaii, and mentioned they were both geologists. They also knew my current employer at the time, and exactly what I did there (laboratory work for TestAmerica, Inc.), so they did not ask much about that. They understood my current manager did not know I was interviewing. The then showed me around the office and introduced me to all of the employees. In hindsight, I think they intended to hire me before the interview, considering they introduced me to everyone. They asked me to fill out the official job application only after they provided me with an offer. Two striking comments from people after I was hired: (1) [from my manager] "We really took a risk hiring you, but you definitely turned out to be a good hire"; and (2) [from a coworker] "when I met you when you interviewed I was really worried you were not a good candidate, like you wouldn't be willing to get your hands dirty. You looked like an engineer, not a geologist, and I was worried about doing field work with you. You're really good, though! Surprising (in a good way). We hired one girl who was an engineer and she wouldn't get her hands dirty, so I wasn't sure about you at first."

Interview Questions

• The most striking question they asked me was if I felt comfortable managing local crews of men out in the field, for tasks like drilling.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was not negotiable because I did not have professional experience in the field, beyond an internship and some lab experience. They suggested my offer was very strong, though. I did negotiate that I would be able to take one week of leave without pay in the first two months, because I already had a trip planned and confirmed with my previous employer. I noticed that the manager that hired me did not tell anyone about this agreement, though, so I slipped it into every conversation possible so that my coworkers would not feel abandoned during a busy time.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

6 week interview process?!? Cold called by an agency. Phone interview, told I would get an interview date within a few days. Called 1 week later with interview date 3 weeks ahead. Turned up to interview and interviewer was stressed and unprepared. Next stage was a presentation meeting again in another two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Went through employment history   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly, one gets telephonic call for initial introduction and CV related. Once selected ,you get called for F2F interview. There were 2 technical rounds + 1 Managerial Round + 1 HR round. The technical round consists of basic oops and SQL questions,and took about 2 hrs . Once selected ,you get telephonicinterview for Managerial round and then the final F2F HR round.

Interview Questions

• Dependency property, attached properties, WPF questions , teiggers,   Answer Question