Burris Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burris Logistics Interview Questions

Interviews at Burris Logistics

2.5

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burris Logistics in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview got the following day. The interview was very pleasant. 2:1 interview. I had a lot of previous and recent experience. I was asked basic questions: Tell me about yourself, how do you deal with difficult co-workers, give a time where you had to use fact finding research and questions about my previous experience. Afterwards, I asked for a tour. Interview lasted about an hour.

Always have a list of questions to ask interviewers. Try to have answeres to common interview questions a couple days before interview. Smile. I feel like they were testing my personality, also.

Interview Questions

• In six months, what is the acceptable number of absences?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burris Logistics.

Interview

Initial screening performed by HR / after initial approval the candidate is interviewed by Hiring Team made up of 4 to 5 peers

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in the past where your positive attitude helped you get through hard times at work. What was the situation and how did you stay positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is not negotiable / standardized rate of pay in facility

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burris Logistics (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

They Asked about previous work experience, availlibiluty, overtime availlibility. Total interview time was around 40 minutes. Asked if you had cold storage experience and if so explain. Some panel members were rude and impersonal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay.

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burris Logistics (Rocky Hill, CT) in February 2019.

Interview

Had a phone interview that scheduled a face to face interview 8 days later.

Arrived Feb 21 2019 at 11:00am as requested and checked in at the guard shack. Guard leads you into the building and lets you sit in the lobby.

Waited for 30 minutes and although several people questioned why I was there...the Hiring Manager never came out to interview me.

Wasted 40 minutes driving to the facility...30 minutes in the lobby and 40 minutes driving home.

Considerable waste of time in a VERY disorganized place. No one seemed to know what they were doing, supposed to do, or what needs to occur to make MONEY.

They did not need me as an Inventory Control Specialist...I know realize that I applied way too LOW. They needed me as a SENIOR MANAGER to motivate a very disorganized staff and steer a ship that seems to be rudderless in the proper direction.

Interview Questions

• No real questions asked...just thought my experience matched up well and wanted to meet me.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkton, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burris Logistics (Elkton, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

They have you do a few exams on the computer to test your math/cognitive skills. Pay is low, when asked for compromise suddenly I'm over-qualified. Typical. Also a lot of favoritism, I you have family in management, you're in!

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in five years.   1 Answer

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkton, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burris Logistics (Elkton, MD).

Interview

I filled out the application, turned it in. had my interview next day. they saw my experience, sent me for the drug test and the lifting test then hired me.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burris Logistics.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR member she set up the initial phone interview. The initial phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was very conversational, very easy going. After this I was offered an interview in the office basically asking the EXACT same questions I was asked over the phone. After about a week of not hearing back I called and as if forgotten about was offered a last minute interview for the very next day. I met with the HR manager and had a 1 hour interview and was given a tour.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burris Logistics (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy if you have experience, basic background and info about their warehouse and how they do things, background of company history and work schedule. They care alot about safety and reliability.

Interview Questions

• What related experience do you have? What vehicles are you certified in or have experience on ? Could you deal with the hours and weather conditions?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burris Logistics in April 2014.

Interview

Supervisor positions and below they have a group interview led by fellow employees-great idea. You get asked questions by people that do the job or who will do the job with you so you get honest answers and not-so-typical questions. Best interview I had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Offered the job and told what the salary would be.

AM Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burris Logistics.

Interview

Great Interview process, very professional. First applied online and was contacted by a Burris member within a short amount of time. Next I was scheduled for an interview and a follow up interview and I ended up getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions about what you would do in certain job situations as well as your character.   Answer Question