Busch Gardens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2018

1.8

Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Its an audition. Just be outgoing and personable. Don't be shy and remember to keep smiling through the whole process. It is imperative you answer the interview questions as personable and enthusastic as you posssibly can.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was a group interview. There was 8 of us. They split us up in 2 groups. We worked together as a group. Was very fun qnd a great atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Questions about customer scenarios.   1 Answer

Park Operations Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Busch Gardens in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it let me select my interview time as well. Make sure you schedule your interview early in the day as it takes longer than you'd expect. You'll get an email the day before reminding you about your interview. They do group interviews and the groups are no bigger than twelve people. Make sure you get there early because if your group fills up you'll have to wait for the next one. Once the interview starts you are split between two tables of six each. There is one person running the interview and two more people at the back taking notes. First you have to introduce yourself and draw three pictures that describe yourself. Make sure you can relate each back to the job; don't just draw pizza because you like pizza. After that we had to assemble a lego set with our group. It doesn't matter if you finish; they just want to see if you can work as a team. Last your group will be given two scenarios to work through and then one person will stand up and tell everyone how your group would solve them. After that they call you back for one-on-one interviews. These one-on-one interviews aren't really interviews. They basically just tell you if you're hired or not. As long as you dress nicely, volunteer to go first, and just generally participate and act like you want to be there you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Busch Gardens?   1 Answer

Park Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Busch Gardens in September 2016.

Interview

We started off in a waiting room, then about 11 of us were called for the group interview. The first activity was to pick an animal from the teddy bears they provide and explain why it relates to you. Then for my interview the groups were asked what three things we would need if we knew we were going to be on a stranded island. And in the last activity, both groups picked two cards which has scenarios, we talked it about it as a group and explained out loud what we would do. Then we all went back into the waiting room and waiting for us to be called individually.

Interview Questions

• Choose an animal and explain why it relates to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

You complete the application online and for me, it opened a screen to pick and choose when to have the interview. You walk in, give them your name, and wait to be called. They ask you three questions inside and take notes while you answer. Be detailed and dress nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me time when you made a boring task fun.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with a stressful situation and how you remained calm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I initially applied for sales clerk but got offered another position, park operations hostess. It was seasonal but was explained there are ways to become permanent. Scheduling of processing and training is done right there in the office.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had apply online call few days later and set up an interview and the interview was easy not a lot of questions and set training dates and got my costume the same day

Interview Questions

• How would you make a boring task fun?   1 Answer
    • Why you want to work at Busch Garden?   1 Answer

Park Operations Interview

Interview

Interview wasn't very hard they want to know if you are approachable and friendly.People frequently ask you for information, such as where is this ride and they want to be sure you are the type of person who will give them directions or walk them to the ride.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging experience and how did you overcome it?
      Are you afraid of heights? (Be honest and they will find you a smaller ride.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an entry level position, but they negotiated on location, which areas of the park would you like to work in.If you are afraid of heights tell them so they don't put you on a rollercoaster.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Asked questions and wanted examples in answers. Wanted to know that you knew a little bit about the company before hand. Discussed your current job and previous employers and why you were leaving/left the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to handle a difficult situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Sit in a room until your name is called, then brought to an interviewer. The interview is a one on one process, and they make it very easy if it is your first interview for your first job. Overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you experienced a problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It's a group interview. You have 3 activities. The first one you pick a stuffed animal they have and say how it relates to you. Then you have to build legos with your group. Then you're given 2 scenarios and you talk it over with your group and answer.

Be sure to talk and be involved in the activities.

Interview Questions

• one of the possible scenarios: If a guest bought a toy for their child and they came back and said it wouldn't work, what would you do?   Answer Question