Busch Gardens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2018

1.8

Main Gate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA).

Interview

Very Simple , Rehires Don’t Have To Go Through The Interview Again , Call up there the next day and tell them you’re a rehire and they will schedule your sign-on appointment.

Food Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Group interview where you play through customer scenarios, as well as draw 3 words about yourself or choose a stuffed animal (an animal, sesame street character, items represented in the park) and perform a group activity in choosing 3 items to be stranded on an island with, or building a small lego object. Then hiring managers will call you back into offices to discuss availability and either continue with the hiring process or tell you that you have not been selected.

Interview Questions

• In the individual interview afterwards going through with the hiring manager, I was asked to describe one situation in my life where something crazy busy or chaotic was happening but I had remained calm and collected and handled the situation.   Answer Question

Park Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was a group interview. There was 8 of us. They split us up in 2 groups. We worked together as a group. Was very fun qnd a great atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Questions about customer scenarios.   1 Answer

Food Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. It was a group interview of 8+ people. We first went into a room and was greeted by two other employees watching us while we were spoken to by the main interviewer. They were there to see how we worked with the group that we sat with. We started off by writing our names down and the drawing 3 things that represented us. After that we were given 2 scenarios and we talked to our groups on how we would handle the situations. Be sure to emphasis on apologizing to the customer. "The customer is always right, don't let them leave upset." After that the group interview was over, by now it's been 20 minutes, maybe even less. Then they called you in individually and told you if you got the job or not. They are looking for people who have full time availability even if they post that it's a part time job. They will say that they will let you know if they have a position for you within the next week, but they never called. Just their way of rejecting you without saying no. They keep your application on filed for 90 days, meaning you can't apply for another position until then. Out of the 8 of us that interviewed, only 3 people got hired.

Main Gate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

About 10-15 minutes, it was a group interview. We shared what we liked to do and build a puzzle. Very easy interview! Would recommend. After interview, you were told if you were going to be offered a position.

Park Operations Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Busch Gardens in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it let me select my interview time as well. Make sure you schedule your interview early in the day as it takes longer than you'd expect. You'll get an email the day before reminding you about your interview. They do group interviews and the groups are no bigger than twelve people. Make sure you get there early because if your group fills up you'll have to wait for the next one. Once the interview starts you are split between two tables of six each. There is one person running the interview and two more people at the back taking notes. First you have to introduce yourself and draw three pictures that describe yourself. Make sure you can relate each back to the job; don't just draw pizza because you like pizza. After that we had to assemble a lego set with our group. It doesn't matter if you finish; they just want to see if you can work as a team. Last your group will be given two scenarios to work through and then one person will stand up and tell everyone how your group would solve them. After that they call you back for one-on-one interviews. These one-on-one interviews aren't really interviews. They basically just tell you if you're hired or not. As long as you dress nicely, volunteer to go first, and just generally participate and act like you want to be there you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Busch Gardens?   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

After arriving at the desk and checking in for my interview, they just had me and the other interviewees sit in they waiting room for about 30-40 minutes until they were ready. When they called us, they took us into another building for the actual interview. The interview was a group interview with about ten people split between two tables. There were three activities we needed to do. The first activity was to write our name and draw three things that describe us on a card and present it to the group. The second activity was to put together a jigsaw puzzle with your group. The last activity was to pick two scenario cards on common workplace problems or issues and come up with a solution with your group and have one person present the solution. The interviewers are really just looking for those people who put themselves out there and don't let the rest of the group do all of the work. It was a pretty easy interview altogether. After the interview was over, they took us back to the original building and had us wait to be called in individually to tell us if we got the job or not. It took anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour depending on what order you were called in.

Interview Questions

• Draw three things that describe you   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Busch Gardens in May 2017.

Interview

When you get there you will be waiting a long time, I did the group interview , just make sure your seen and heard,free the group interview you have to did more waiting eventually they will call your name and offer you a job or not. Also you know who got the job or not because some people walked out with papers and some people didn't .

Interview Questions

• They give you scenarios questions   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Busch Gardens.

Interview

Waited in HR with other applicants for about 20 mins then they took us to another building. In there we got into groups and had to solve as much of a puzzle as we could in 5 minutes. Then we each had to choose a stuffed animal and say why. Lastly we were given 2 scenarios and explained what we would do. Went back to HR and waited to be called back.

Games Host Interview

Application

Interview

When you first arrive they make you wait with others in your same interview group. After about 20 minutes they took all of us (about 9 people) to another building with a larger room. In the room was two tables and a longer table faced towards us with about 3 people who were there to evaluate how you do. So we 5 sat at one table and 4 at the other. They were all super nice and asked us to write our name on a piece of paper and on the back we had to draw 3 pictures that said a little something about yourself. Then we each stood at our seat and explained why. I would recommend being the 1st to volunteer to present bllecause they want outgoing people. After that we were told to do a puzzle with our group and try to be the 1st to win. Neither table finished but they said it was okay because we worked together. After that our teams had 3 scenarios about real customer interactions and had to solve them and present what our group came up with. Again be the 1st to volunteer! After that we were taken back to the HR Department building and each told if we got the job or not.