Butler University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Butler University Interview Questions

3.3

Information Systems Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Butler University (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

I was on a conference call with 6 employees from various parts of the campus. Each person asked one question with no follow-up questions. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. The phone interview was round one and lasted about 30 minutes. I was told that I would be notified either way at the beginning of the following week. Nobody contacted me. I attempted to follow up on the status of the position with my original point of contact and was redirected to Human Resources, explicitly asking if the status had changed. Again, nobody responded. I have since learned from others at the university that the position was filled by another candidate. This would have been nice to know.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the most important skills for a BA (business analyst)?
      Discuss a project you have worked with a client on and the outcomes of that project.
      Discuss project management experiences (more focused on technical piece).
      What about your prior experience would make you a good candidate for this position?
      Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Butler University (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple. Make sure you know your stuff about CPR and rescues. Be up to date on first aid as well. It will also be helpful for you to know the pool hours and keep in mind the pool schedule. Being able to pick up shifts is another major need.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Butler University (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview process was led by the department head. A committee of four library staff and faculty conducted the interview. Each member of the committee represented a position which would need to interact with the new hire. The library building itself is rather nice, though it seems like many of the employees have been there as long as the building has, so the culture would be very established.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a vendor who is unable to provide you with the materials you need?   Answer Question

Associate Dean Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Butler University (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2010.

Interview

Long process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not available.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Butler University (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2008.

Interview

Very thorough and very well coordinated.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you as there are a great deal of more qualified candidates?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Butler University in April 2008.

Interview

The interview was well managed and the people were cordial. The position was not well defined, but the learning potential was evident. The work pace and number of hours expected were defined more by your ability to work efficiently than by the quality or effort put forth. The lack of benefits and retirement really do put employees at a deficit compared to their conterparts.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the experiences in your previous positions that you feel will translate to what is expected of you in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.