CALIBRE Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.1

Network Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed began with CFO, next I was introduced and interviewed by the CTO, finally I was introduced and had long discussions with the IT department leads. We reviewed current status of IT, goals for short and long term, responsibilities of position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience, why did you leave your last job...   Answer Question

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems (Alexandria, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR, to set up an interview, the following day. It was a conference call that seemed fairly casual, especially due to the fact that two of us were outside the US. Each of the three hiring officials asked their own set of questions then offered me the opportunity to ask some of my own. Feedback seemed positive, but waiting to hear a official answer.

Interview Questions

• Having vast experience working with kids, how would I handle a disruptive, defiant ADULT in your classroom?   Answer Question

Program Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems (Alexandria, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Board interview with PM- job specific but also leadership and experience specific. Also they asked for military experience and how it relates to the current contract. Understand what contracts Calibre has prior to going in and be able to speak to the high level piece of those contracts if possible. They will teach you a ton, but they want someone who can either speak to the DoD aspect or help with the technical piece.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the legacy systems?   1 Answer

Instructor/Faclitator Civil-Military Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

These guys do not answer the mail or communicate very well! This was a position contingent on contract award. I was phone interviewed and asked to submit my resume. Then I was asked for a detailed CV with a format required by the contract. The candidates received updates on the contract award process once a week for 4 weeks, then once every two weeks for a month, then once per month with the last update being 3 months ago. All of the updates said "We are the incumbent and we expect to win!" I finally emailed and asked for an update and got a "we'll get back to you." I had a sit down with a Calibre rep at an invite-only job fair and was told "Yes, we owe you an answer. I will contact the guys working this and have them get in touch." I sent follow up emails and have received no reply. They should be professional enough to answer the mail!

Interview Questions

• What was my experience teaching in the subject matter area.   Answer Question

Veterans Affair Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems.

Interview

Panel interview over the phone, each person asked a series of questions. Depending on how you answer depends on the next person. No definite hiring answer over the phone. The interview was hard to judge.

Interview Questions

• How is your ability to handle students you are teaching when people get out of hand?   1 Answer

Lead Strategy and Plans Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

A 45 minute interview with the incumbent. We discussed culture, work schedule and benefits. I was asked how my skills sets matches the work I would be doing in support of Veterans Affairs. Will have a final panel interview next week.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in job where the day to day priorities are always changing?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a panel board over the phone. The panel included four members of the company, one of which was my immediate supervisor. The interview felt more like a regular conversation as they were all very personable. The questions were very specific to the position. Once the interview was over I felt that the company and the members of the leadership that interview me were a great fit to my personality.

Interview Questions

• If you are asked to do something that you have never done before, what would you do?   1 Answer

Instructor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems (Johnston, IA) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my Resume after an email was sent expressing interest in me, That was on a Tuesday, I interviewed on Friday. The interview was about an hour long in front of six men each with a sheet of questions to answer. They explained there benefits package and gave me a packet explaining it all. We discussed Salary and I was given what I asked for. Ten days later I was offered the job by the HR rep. Later that day I received a call from the V.P. of Logistics to officially accept the job. I was quickly emailed four documents, An offer letter, security clearance form, another benefits packet and a welcome letter. I filled out the offer letter and security form and faxed back to them right away. While on the phone for my official offer I was informed my start date would be six week later that was a bit of a surprise. I was called by my new supervisor after two weeks to come in and be fitted for uniforms and take a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was regarding Military parts ordering which I have no experience doing in the past twenty years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation process was pretty easy. I pretty much got what I was asking for.

Research Assistant Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Sent directly to on-site, panel interview with two senior management employees. Basic interview questions (Why are you interested in us?, Who are our competitors?, What do we do? Who are our customers?). Also, they ask in-depth questions about your resume and work experience.

Interview Questions

• To the best of your ability, could you explain the steps in a contract life-cycle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is an internship, so you take it or you leave.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CALIBRE Systems (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I was recommended for a senior analyst position by a former co-worker from an overseas assignment. A telephonic interview was scheduled, as I was still working abroad and was told that it would be a three step process. I was initially interviewed by several more experienced analysts and a database administrator. They provided me with several scenarios that called for me to explain actions that I would take to respond to customer requests for data from authoritative data sources. I was expected to detailed the most expedient method to pull the needed data and what I would use to present it in a user friendly format. I was then interviewed by several logistics services professionals. This group of individuals gauged my ability to interpet the data and recommend actions to alleviate negative impacts to customer wait time and other logistical jams. Once my responses were deemed satifsfactory, I was recommended for candidacy to fill the open position. My final interview was conducted by a VP, who negotiated my full compensation package expectations as well as my initial reporting requirements.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the specifics of interview questions, but most dealt with timely responses without compromising accuracy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforwad and pleasant.