CARE (USA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.9

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CARE (USA) (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

About half (time wise) standard interview questions and about half choice of written or verbal response to scenario questions. Standard questions were a few standard interview questions, a few technical related and few more challenging about how I have handled various situations. Interview was scheduled for an hour but lasted more than 1.5 hours. Questions were mostly not standard, challenging (in a good way) questions.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of how you responded to a shift in strategic direction. How do you manage your time.   Answer Question

Senior Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARE (USA) (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Prior to the interview I was sent screening questions. Once the screening questions were reviewed I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was a panel interview (3 panelists) and lasted close to an hour. There was also a language component. After the interview I was asked to do a writing assignment.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CARE (USA).

Interview

Very open and not to difficult. Good questions that were open ended nothing to difficult. They were specific when they needed to be specific. Other than that they were very open ended and friendly

Advocacy Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CARE (USA) (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I had both a phone and an in person interview at the DC office. The initial phone interview was quite informative for both of us as I learned more about the expectations and reponsibilities of the position and was able to share how my background would fit well in that position. The in-person interview was with five different people; there were two in the conference room with me and three joined in by video conference. They asked about my background and also about what I would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a particular situation specialized to this position?   Answer Question

Administrative Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARE (USA) (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I read the job description completely. I wrote a custom cover letter and resume matching my skills to the skills requested in the job description. I got an email requesting that I complete a pre-screen questionnaire; which I did. I was then contacted and scheduled a phone interview. I prepared for the phone interview; re-read the job description, had my copy of the cover letter, resume and pre-screen and waited for the call in an empty conference room (to minimize distractions).
    The interview began with introductions of all the interviews and an outline of the interview process. A few minutes into it, they made it clear they were looking for a "must have", very specific previous experience and skill. This "must have" was no where on the job description, and a transferable, related skill (that I do have) was listed on the job description at the "15% of time" level of the job duty.
    Since I did not have this particular specific former experience, the phone interview was terminated.

Interview Questions

• How does this position complement your background and strengths? (From the pre-screen questionnaire; also noting that my answer would serve as my writing sample.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARE (USA) (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had an in-person interview with two of my direct supervisors, because the third supervisor was out of town at the time. I also took a brief editing test. Overall, it was a pleasant interview and they did not ask any tricky questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CARE (USA) (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Hired through Emory University Channels

Interview Questions

• Name one experience that didn't go well and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

Interview

Getting an interview took forever. I was told later that there was a need for the position but the budget had not been approved.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult at all. Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Offered everything I asked for and more.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CARE (USA) (Atlanta, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview was quite informal, even tough it followed the HR procedures, the fact that got me inside was that I was working in a field office. The interview committee, they either like you or not. You can have a great CV but is the personality match they seek the most

Interview Questions

• Question about what I think about the mission and vision of the organization   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and straight forward, If the position has been open for a long time, then you can tray to negotiate a bit more

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CARE (USA) (Nairobi (Kenya)).

Interview

Fast and thorough efficient process. The panel always clarified the next steps, process and what to expect . Professional panel. HR was quick as sending emails on the same. Preparation of what to expect in the organisation was also helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why I think I best fit this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward