CBS TV Distribution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.8

TV Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I applied online and I heard back within two weeks to schedule an in-person interview with two employees. The interview was pretty chill, the employees were very nice and made the interview more of a conversation. They didn't focus much on behavioral questions, rather they seemed like they wanted to know more about who you are.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

Interview

In person interview with two people at once. Very comfortable environment, nice and friendly people. Made the process much less nerve-wrecking. The interview was scheduled after I applied online. Process took about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with three people, alive or dead, who would they be?   Answer Question
    • What is your dream job and why?   Answer Question
    • What are three things you wish to get out of this experience?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

On site interview. Met with two different members of the team. They each asked me to go through my resume with them and told me about the internship and the company. Asked me about my previous internship experience and why I chose my major etc. Very kind and welcoming, I ended up receiving an offer a couple of weeks later and accepted.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

Interview

Met with people and asked to do a paid trial. Then had a second interview. Wanted me to do another trial, hut I declined. They offered me the job instead.

Page Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Contact Human Relations and tell them you're interested in paging. I've was asked to come in and I interviewed with HR, told her that I was eager, my goals, and plan. They like that.
    I interviewed with the head lady and said the exact same thing.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was an unexpected phone call from an HR manager. They interviewed me on the spot, so make sure once you apply to this company, you do the research so you are prepared if they call you. It was not too long, and she only asked a few questions, so make sure you provide well formulated answers because you do not have too much time to make a good impression.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

Interview

I submitted an application via my college's online career center service. I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview. My interview consisted of a fairly simple Excel test taken on the computer and a 1:1 interview with a manager. Interview questions consisted of standard questions "What are your strengths," "Why pick you over other equally qualified candidates." It was easygoing and conversational in nature. I was contacted shortly by HR offering me the position. Co-workers were very friendly and driven.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have experienced within a group setting and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. It included a friendly one-on-one interview and a written test revolving around celebrity culture and the history of the show.

I was contacted the next day and notified about which answers i got wrong and which I got right. The hiring manager was straightforward about the hours and pay. I was hired fairly soon after and began working right away.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the show's history (old hosts, the year it premiered) are difficult if you didn't prepare beforehand.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

First I spoke with an HR rep on the phone. She went over the basic screening questions. Then with head of the group in person. Then I had to go back to meet with the entire team. In the final round, everyone on the team got to ask me questions. They were situation questions. They also encouraged me to ask them questions.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

I met with HR and completed an Microsoft Office computer test (Word and Excel). I first met with HR for a short interview. Then I met with the hiring manager. I spent a half-hour to an hour with the hiring managers. Both people I met with were very nice and I was hired. (The company was Paramount when I was hired and then eventually became CBSTD)

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any difficult or tricky questions although it was an entry level position.   Answer Question