CBS TV Distribution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

It was a positive experience from the recruiter to the hiring manager. I met with the hiring manager and she was nice. Talked about my work experience and her expectations for this role.
    There was a new opening for this position that had opened. My only suggestion would be for the recruiters to give previous candidates an opportunity to be contacted to see if they are still interested.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an hostile situation with an employee?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

I met with HR and completed an Microsoft Office computer test (Word and Excel). I first met with HR for a short interview. Then I met with the hiring manager. I spent a half-hour to an hour with the hiring managers. Both people I met with were very nice and I was hired. (The company was Paramount when I was hired and then eventually became CBSTD)

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any difficult or tricky questions although it was an entry level position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

Interview

In person interview with two people at once. Very comfortable environment, nice and friendly people. Made the process much less nerve-wrecking. The interview was scheduled after I applied online. Process took about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with three people, alive or dead, who would they be?   Answer Question
    • What is your dream job and why?   Answer Question
    • What are three things you wish to get out of this experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

Interview

I submitted an application via my college's online career center service. I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview. My interview consisted of a fairly simple Excel test taken on the computer and a 1:1 interview with a manager. Interview questions consisted of standard questions "What are your strengths," "Why pick you over other equally qualified candidates." It was easygoing and conversational in nature. I was contacted shortly by HR offering me the position. Co-workers were very friendly and driven.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have experienced within a group setting and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was an unexpected phone call from an HR manager. They interviewed me on the spot, so make sure once you apply to this company, you do the research so you are prepared if they call you. It was not too long, and she only asked a few questions, so make sure you provide well formulated answers because you do not have too much time to make a good impression.

Television Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Studio City, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

You need to know someone involved with whatever show you're interested in. A random resume won't go very far. A friend of a friend or something like that... There's not much of an actual interview, just a check to see if you click with the show runner, etc.

Interview Questions

• It's mainly about your experience and whether the show runner likes your experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have some freedom to ask for your rate.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

Interview

Met with people and asked to do a paid trial. Then had a second interview. Wanted me to do another trial, hut I declined. They offered me the job instead.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Short interview process. Applied through email then got an email back in about a week. Went into the office in New York and had a short interview. People were very nice.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very basic, discussed previous experiences, why I want to work for the company, if I had previously watched the show.
    I interviewed on a Tuesday and received an offer to start my internship on that Friday.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. It included a friendly one-on-one interview and a written test revolving around celebrity culture and the history of the show.

I was contacted the next day and notified about which answers i got wrong and which I got right. The hiring manager was straightforward about the hours and pay. I was hired fairly soon after and began working right away.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the show's history (old hosts, the year it premiered) are difficult if you didn't prepare beforehand.   Answer Question