CDSS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Social Service Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natchitoches, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDSS (Natchitoches, LA) in April 2009.

Interview

Telephone interview than called in office for another interview.

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDSS (Sacramento, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted the application via mail after taking the online exam for the position. I was able to view the questions 15 minutes prior to the interview. There were 9 questions and then I completed a 30 min writing assignment. The questions were mostly behavioral or situational and they all linked back to the position. Interview talked about my strengths as they pertained to the position. Interview looked at the way I research, how I divide work (7 steps of staff work), competencies of analyst, teamwork, and how I managed time. Do your research on department and the work involved!

Interview Questions

• If some of the team you collaborate with came back to you after a presentation and had several questions (some repetitive), what conclusions would you draw and what would you do about it?   2 Answers
    • Describe a situation that you were required to research an issue that you did not know about. Describe the issue and the steps that you took to complete the assignment. What was the result?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CDSS (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Straightforward panel interview with technology and oral demonstration. Took about an hour. Make sure to get there about 15-30 minutes earlier to find street parking, check in with security, and take the elevator.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about your skills and experience.   1 Answer

Found a better offer.

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDSS (Eureka, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

CDSS IHSS is the agency that provides regulation over the State government subsidy that allows disabled people to hire personal caregivers to help them with day-to-day living. As such CDSS IHSS does not hire its own caregiver employees, that is the responsibility of the client.

My client posted an ad in Craigslist, I responded and met with him the next day. We got along and he desperately needed help, I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you do hard drugs or drink excessively?   1 Answer
    • Can you start tomorrow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is set by law at $8/hr. My client was flexible about schedule.

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDSS (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a simple interview process with 3 people on the panel, three generous ladies. It was very chill but to do well you need to study your interview questions.

Licensing Program Analyst Interview

Interview

Overall experience was horrible. The interview started with a written test, which is then followed by a panel interview. The office employees were not friendly. Asked questions not related to the position.

IHSS Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lower Lake, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDSS (Lower Lake, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

My friend got me on to this job, she hired me as needed for housekeeping. The reciepient requested a contract for me to fill out and turn/mail in. I then got a time sheet and W2 form which I filled out and sent back in. About a year ago all Providers(caregivers) were required to get finger printed,where a background check was done. We also had to attend a seminar on the rules of what is/isn't required as far as our job description. We also had to watch a movie on Fraud because there are alot of people who work for a spouse or realative and there has been trouble with hours allowed for services to reciepients with spouses/realatives who are getting paid for services that aren't correct.

In-Home Care Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDSS (Visalia, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

It was brief and to the point.

I have had bad experiences working with this company.

Office Assistant (Typing) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDSS (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was lengthy because a special exemption was required to hire additional employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating took place as the State has set salaries.

In Home Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucca Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CDSS (Yucca Valley, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

has become very difficult to get hired, its a bunch of hoops in an unfriendly environment.

Interview Questions

• not really a traditional interview these days. do not apply here if you resent unwarranted scrutiny and a sense of constant mistrust by employer.   1 Answer
    • there were no questions per say its you go in apply they tell u when the next group class so to speak is , and where and when to get you're background and drug screen, do all that and wait. maybe you'll get a referral. like its indicated would happen. not. nowadays you are not getting a client except for on your own. and then good luck finding reasonable hours for them   Answer Question