CGB Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Merchandiser Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises (Peoria, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview at one of the regional offices. Spoke with general manager of region, trading manager, and the origination? manager, all separate, then hour or so shadow of employee. The interview was very laid back, no brain buster questions. They try to get a feel if you understand the grain business and what your work ethic is like. Found out the job is very self motivated and there was not strict deadlines/desk work involved. but very easy/laid back. great experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you failed?   1 Answer
    • Majority of questions are not the typical interview questions   1 Answer

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises (Stillwater, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy Going. open to get to know you better. no tricky questions. 2 managers sat in the room and bounced back and forth on questions. Very open dialog and was easy to get a sense of how the company culture is. Overall, enjoyed the interview

Interview Questions

• What drives you to work harder each day?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was very conversational. Was asked a couple behavioral analysis question but overall great interview. I heard back right away and they wanted me to take a test to see my personality, and to see if I was a good fit.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises.

Interview

Quick, recruiter was great, interviewers were great. I talked with a recruiter about my background and qualifications. She passed my information to the hiring manager. My next interaction was a face-to-face interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic background & personality questions   1 Answer

Laborer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises in October 2017.

Interview

There really wasn't much of a process. The site I applied for is a smaller rual location and I got the feeling I had the job about 30 seconds after my resume was looked at. I must say though, I am qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of equipment have you worked on in the past?   Answer Question

Grain Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises.

Interview

There were two phone interviews with HR and two face to face interviews. I interviewed with HR and a regional GM the first time, and three GMs the second time. The interviewers were straight-forwards, and avoided tricky questions, choosing instead to learn about who I was and what motivated me.

Grain Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises.

Interview

Met a career fair and interviewed the next day. I was not asked anything difficult basically just about me and what I wanted to do in the future. Interview took 30 minutes.
    Didn't hear anything for over 6 six weeks and they wouldn't reply to email or phone call. Received a general rejection email with no reason.

Merchandising Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. I was originally contacted via AgCareers.com by a corporate recruiter and put in touch with a regional HR Specialist. They set up a phone interview which led to an in person interview in St. Louis.

The interview itself was fairly laid back. I showed up in a full suit to a grain elevator, which was unnecessary. I talked to the GM for about half an hour before being interviewed by a merchandising manager and two senior merchandisers. I was also able to sit with one of their traders to watch and learn about what he does most days so that was very neat to see.

Container Trade Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises (Princeton, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview, then a video interview with the team via webcam, and finally the company paid for me to fly in for a face to face. I was working abroad in China at time, and they were very helpful to accommodate my move back to the US.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to use negotiation skills to reach a goal or solve a problem.   Answer Question

Clerk/Scale Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caruthersville, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGB Enterprises (Caruthersville, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Very professional-Kind & Courteous, but in a laid back kind of way. Very knowledgeable and informative about the job position that was available. Just in all they made you feel comfortable and welcomed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a Team Environment?   1 Answer