CIPD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIPD Interview Questions

Interviews at CIPD

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIPD.

Interview

The application was via LinkedIn where I submitted my cv and cover letter. This was then followed by a phone interview and then being invited for a face to to face interview which also included a test on copy writing for email and ad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was happy with offer but you should if you are given the chance

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIPD (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with HR rep to go through some standard questions and and then with Director for 1:1 interview covering more specific knowledge. Was personable and reasonable but felt that I was being judged on what i was doing NOW (few staff managed) rather than my track record (of managing large teams over a long period of time.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIPD.

Interview

I had a phone screen from Jo an internal person who took me through a mini screening interview to be sure I had the required experience. She was sharp, helpful and seemed to know her stuff.

I was then told I would be contacted once the shortlist was finalized. This took almost a month so I thought I had not succeeded. I was then told I would be contacted with an interview date. This took a further three weeks... I then was scheduled to meet my Manager for an interview and was called back two weeks later to meet again and to meet some other staff.

None of it was difficult or very work focused in terms of my experience. It felt like more of a social thing where we just chatted generally to see if they liked me.

Almost two weeks later HR finally called me and offered me the job. She was very nice but seemed very disorganized and overwhelmed...

Despite all these conversations and the time they took, they left out very important aspects of my job that had they told me I am not sure I would have accepted. I cant say that they were negative in any way but very slow and perhaps could have focused on more productive points that I should have been told during our many conversations leading up to the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to join CIPD
      Tell me about your experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

By this point, I was not sure if I wanted to work there as I was worried about how long they took and how this might be reflected in the pace of work or culture inside the company.

I told them what I was making currently and what I expected to move and compensate for the extra travel costs to work in Wimbledon.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIPD (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process felt consistent and fair with a chance to meet wider members of the team. The assessment process was also clear and allowed a chance to demonstrate the skills required to complete the role in it's entirety.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIPD.

Interview

Very scripted and rigid interview process, you will be asked to do a test that is completely irrelevant to the job. In the interview you will be roboticly asked random questions including if you will do jobs that are separate from what you applied for. On top of this they will ask you to hang on in there and wait over a week to tell you that you are not progressing, I can accept the outcome for sure these jobs are two a penny but to ask someone to hang on and wait so long to say no, that is just a complete disregard for people and like one of the employee reviews says... Narsotistic.

Lucky escape, worth speaking with more modern and dynamic companies.

Interview Questions

• Will you be happy to join outbound campaigns?   1 Answer

CIPD Response

Dec 14, 2018 – Director of People and OD

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed about your recent recruitment experience. I have passed your comments on to our recruitment team as we constantly try to... More

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIPD (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was conducted through a mixture of different mediums, depending on the stage. I kicked off with a half hour phone interview with a friendly marketing consultant who (I think) just wanted to ascertain I had the knowledge / experience indicated on my CV. He also took some time out to tell me more about the CIPD; the project I'd be working on if successful, the progress they'd made and where the role I applied for would fit into the overall strategy.

I then had a couple of face-to face interviews with people from two different teams as the role worked with both. The interviews were relaxed and friendly, so I felt at ease and able to give the best answers I could. I also wrote a report which responded to a hypothetical scenario, saying what I would do and why. Overall it was a good mixture, and although there were a lot of stafes (four altogether), it meant that when I was offered the role, I felt really comfortable that I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• I really can't remember specific questions! I think they asked me what the three key skills were that made me good for the role, and then asked me to talk around those skills.   Answer Question