CJ Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CJ Group (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later HR Coord called and scheduled an in-person interview with HR Manager and Coord. A few days later, I went in again for an in-person interview with one of the CEOs.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CJ Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Excellent Interview with Head of Marketing for CJ Foods Retail Division. The company is growing and has excellent financial backing from Korean ownership which in addition to Food Products also has business ventures in Media & Entertainment.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience and accomplishments during your tenure   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CJ Group.

Interview

It took one day to get the first interview.
    You are getting interviewed with the office manager.
    It took only a few days to hear back for second round interview.
    You are asked your desired salary and they go through benefits and all that.

Interview Questions

• They asked your proficiency of using microsoft.
      Explain your previous work experience   Answer Question

General Interview

Interview

I interviewed in March. The managers were very kind and the interview process was normal. It took 10-20 minutes. They asked some questions about my past experiences and my strengths.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CJ Group (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

there were 3 things to do in one day : panel interview for 40 minutes, language interview for 7 minutes, and IQ test for 110 minutes. You will be in a group of 3. There are people interviewing in the morning session and afternoon session. I was in the afternoon session.

Interview Questions

• why are you applying for the job, what would you want to join CJ?   Answer Question

Localization Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CJ Group.

Interview

they were very unorganized, all over the place, odd questions. many people asking me questions at once. did a skype interview. odd they gave me offer right after just a skype interview

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CJ Group (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview asking me about the company and why i was interested in it. Office visit for round 2 next week. The phone interview was very chill and nice. In-person interview is little tricky. Three guys including HR, Senior accountants will come in and start asking you questions. Everyone's nice but you have to be prepared for basic behavioral questions to academic questions and what not. They will test you some accoutning stuff too.

Interview Questions

• Why accounting?
      What do you know about this company
      They will also test you some accounting basics.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CJ Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Skype Interview for an hour with HR director and the department director. It was fairly easy process. Basically asked about previous experiences in same area and not got the phone call in a month. I thought I didnt get the job.

Interview Questions

• past experience on my resume / why apply for this position / what's the plan for next 5 years   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CJ Group.

Interview

The interview process took a little over a month. It started with me coming in to interview for a part time position that could potentially turn into a full time. During the first interview I met with the CMO, CFO and head HR recruiter, I was then given a choice to work at the different CJ entities. It so happened that there was specific position that had opened in that division and I was referred to the head of that division, brought in to interview with that person at a separate time at the Hollywood office. Then I was set up on a skype interview with the head of that division in Korea. Finally I was brought in for one last interview with the COO and the CEO. Up until this point including all my interviews including one with the COO all went well. But the interview with the CEO, Mark Shaw, changed my opinion on everything, the company, how they operated, etc. Mark Shaw is the most pretentious, most unprofessional person I have ever come across during an interview, never mind the fact that he is the CEO. My interview with him consisted a lot of him bragging about his successful his career, and his connects - which is fine, when it's relevant to the interview process, but in this case it wasn't. Mark Shaw proceeded to conclude my interview with a lesson on grammar, did I mention how degrading he was? Overall after all the driving back and forth,time spent preparing and meeting with the different execs, my interview experience with the CEO was enough for me to know that CJ entertainment was not for me and that the way Mark Shaw conducted himself alluded to the unprofessionalism of the entire company.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CJ Group (Secaucus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Since I and Interviewers were Korean, I started to introduce myself in English. They asked me my weaknesses and strengths, explaining the working condition. They asked me if I had any question about the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you introduce myself in English?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had nothing to give them, but I told that I could perform this position.