CMD Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CMD Agency Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.1

Account Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CMD Agency.

Interview

Seven separate interview sessions - some in person and some by phone. Process took two+
     months. During the process, was asked to speak with another contact regarding a different position that at my next session found out was never actually an approved available position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and what will you bring to this position?   1 Answer

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CMD Agency in July 2017.

Interview

Great questions and conversation, but didn't really get a feel for the culture based on the questions I got. Seems like they have had a lot of ups and downs and high turnover, but that was the only negative thing I could tell.

Media Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was pretty disappointed with my interview. The interviewer opened with all the reasons she thought the job wasn't interesting, wouldn't expose me to much of the company and told me her "biggest concern was that I would leave after a couple months." Well that set a pretty uncomfortable tone for the rest of the interview (which continued for two hours!).

Once I left CMD I accepted an offer with another company and didn't think too much else of it. However I did check my email in the weeks after. CMD never followed up post interview. No "yes" and no "no" which tells me they probably are not invested in their talent.

Interview Questions

• So you seem pretty smart, why the heck do you want to be our media coordinator?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CMD Agency (Portland, OR).

Interview

painful and disorganized. the hr person didn't know what was going on, i got moved from room to room, the interviewers didn't know they were interviewing and didn't have questions prepared.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CMD Agency (Charlotte, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with several people. Asked minimal questions expressing very vague expectations. They could not explain the role they were hiring for. Expressed several needs, not associated to the position. Eager to warn of the heavy culture and chaos in the office I would be working in, including frustrated customers. If you are an experienced professional, I would move on.

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CMD Agency.

Interview

I interviewed with CMD a few times under the pretense that there were actual jobs available. Over time, I learned that the agency has such a significant turnover rate that there is a constant need to have candidates in the pipeline. During my last interview with an Account Director, I was told that the decision on whether or not they intended to hire me fully depended on whether or not they would cut an underperforming employee at the end of his probation period.

Each of my three interviews with CMD took place at the coffee shop adjacent to the company's offices. At first I thought this was a strategic way to make the interview process less formal. I later realized it was just a way to avoid parading candidates through the building. The current employees might know the hammer was coming if they saw someone interviewing for their job.

I ended up withdrawing from the interview process when I realized the company's interview tactics were less than forthright. Even if I did get a job offer, I wasn't inclined to accept after what I learned about the company's culture and turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were standard. In the 1:1 interviews, they are searching for a personality fit and inquiring about work ethic. They screen for qualifications by what is on your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CMD Agency (Portland, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with people in the earned media department. I talked with multiple people, most of them pretty junior. Writing skills seemed very important to them.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CMD Agency (Portland, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial communications was wonderful. I had a phone interview with HR, 2nd round phone interview and 3rd round met with executives. Complete failure to follow-up after 3rd round. I heard nothing for weeks, had to follow-up on my own and then found out they had changed the position they were initially hiring for. A great first impression turned into a horrible last impression. Blessed though that it worked out this way, would hate to end up at a company with little follow through and communication.

Interview Questions

• I asked a specific question related to the position and was told by the executive that he had no idea what the specifics of the position were, someone else would be able to answer that question for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CMD Agency (Portland, OR) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was long. I came into the office about 6 times meeting with one person at a time. It would have been helpful to have either more group interviews or to schedule multiple, shorter interview grouped together for convenience. When you have a job and are interviewing, it is difficult to "get away" sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my history in other agencies, and work style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straightforward, with the exception of vacation. At first I was offered no vacation for the first year. I declined based on this, but was able to negotiate time off before accepting the offer.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CMD Agency (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

Very quick. I was interviewed for 30-minutes. They were desperate for a new account coordinator as the turn over at that time was very, very high. As such, I was interviewed and offered the job within 24 hrs and was told to accept or decline with 48 hrs.

Interview Questions

• My awareness on Intel specific products and the retail programs involved for VARs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation as I was a young employee looking for only my second job, first non-internship related. I could have asked for more and should have as the bonus structure was laughable.