CPS Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.7

General Designer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The interview process for this company is one of the worst out there. You will get contacted sometimes by a recruiter or an HR. The first interview is from HR. They can ask you any sort of questions like are you US citizen. The next step in the interview after several weeks is with a panel group and they ask you simple questions. After three months plus you will know if you are hired. When I was interview by the panel there was a Professional engineer and this PE basically started talking about how I could apply to other companies in other words saying no on the spot. I have the EIT license and she still was telling me about other companies it was really awkward. Since HR is not present or is not founded correctly in this company it is nearly impossible to get a job unless you know someone inside. Good luck

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied against an advertised position. Within a month of applying a 30 minutes telephonic interview was setup with HR. It was a very professional interview. The goal of the interview was to check the suitability of the candidate for the role and adaptability to sudden difficult and challenging situations. Next, an in-person interview was setup with the hiring manager. This was a technical round which lasted for an hour or so. Along with the hiring manager there was another DBA asking the questions. The questions covered almost all areas of database administration but except few open ended questions all were straight forward. I answered to all the questions with confidence and satisfaction. The interviewers were very friendly and supportive and there were no trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Q2. An end user complains of slow database performance over phone? How would you approach the problem?   Answer Question
    • Q3. What would you look in an explain plan to identify performance problem?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied online, then called into to meet with a recruiter. Then recruiter set up second interview with business unit. Came in and met with a panel of three for interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

First round is a phone interview with a recruiter. Then several weeks later I got the phone call the schedule a second phone interview with the business unit. That is all I have.

Interview Questions

• What three qualities you are looking for in your future company   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CPS Energy.

Interview

Long but went smoothly. Usual process phone interview then onsite interview followed by a drug test. If you have your ducks in a row and prep you'll do fine.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Went to a hiring fair hosted by CPS Energy, I got there at 8AM when it started. There was at least 50-60 people there ahead of me with more piling in by the minute. Took about a hour and a half to be called for a screening interview, the recruiter just asked me about my call center history and previous job and moved me on to the next stage. Waited to be called again and was interviewed by 2 recruiters, asked me questions about CPS, behavioral type questions and so on. Went back to waiting room, got called to take a quick test, then back to waiting room. Finally got called by another recruiter, told me everything went great with my interviews and sent me an email to run a background check, ended up leaving at about 12:30PM, four and half hours later!

Interview Questions

• What products or services do you know about from CPS?   1 Answer

Program/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The fifty minute phone interview covered the job description, basic screening questions and 10 behavioral based questions. The interviewer explained the STAR format would be used. I have made it through the initial review and screening process and will be moving forward to an in-person interview next week.

Interview Questions

• The behvioral based questions used the STAR format, (Situation, Task, Action, Result.) This allows the interviewer to gather information about a specific capacity that the job requires.

Situation: The interviewer wants you to present a recent challenge and situation in which you found yourself.
      Task: What did you have to achieve? The interviewer will be looking to see what you were trying to achieve from the situation.
      Action: What did you do? The interviewer will be looking for information on what you did, why you did it and what the alternatives were.
      Result: What was the outcome of your actions? What did you achieve through your actions and did you meet your objectives? What did you learn from this experience and have you used this learning since?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I was contacted for a time to set up a phone interview by a recuiter. The recuiter set up a time and date for the phone interview to take place. I never received a call. I was contacted three hours later via email, by the recuiter that I had scheduled with, who stated that they thought someone else was handling my interview, when they confirmed in the previous email that I would be speaking to them. The recuiter offered to reschedule the interview. The recuiter called ten minutes after the rescheduled phone interview was supposed to begin, hung up on me twice, and didn't apologize. When finally I spoke to the person, during the interview, they lied and said that their staff were 'busy' during the time my original interview was supposed to occur. The recuiter did not mention the salary or the benefits of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current company? How do you handle a situation with an difficult customer? What's your reason for applying with this company? How would you define attendance? Tell me about your work experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CPS Energy in April 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interview for the Windows systems administrator contract position first round was phone screening for 30 Minutes and after that 30-45 mins of skype interview. Phone screening was all about my past experience once it was cleared the skype was all about technical.

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, In Person Interview with a Panel of 3 employees working at CPS Energy, a recruiter with the company may help you. The process lasted quite a while and I waited over 2 months.