CPS Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.8

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied online, then called into to meet with a recruiter. Then recruiter set up second interview with business unit. Came in and met with a panel of three for interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

First round is a phone interview with a recruiter. Then several weeks later I got the phone call the schedule a second phone interview with the business unit. That is all I have.

Interview Questions

• What three qualities you are looking for in your future company   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CPS Energy.

Interview

Long but went smoothly. Usual process phone interview then onsite interview followed by a drug test. If you have your ducks in a row and prep you'll do fine.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Went to a hiring fair hosted by CPS Energy, I got there at 8AM when it started. There was at least 50-60 people there ahead of me with more piling in by the minute. Took about a hour and a half to be called for a screening interview, the recruiter just asked me about my call center history and previous job and moved me on to the next stage. Waited to be called again and was interviewed by 2 recruiters, asked me questions about CPS, behavioral type questions and so on. Went back to waiting room, got called to take a quick test, then back to waiting room. Finally got called by another recruiter, told me everything went great with my interviews and sent me an email to run a background check, ended up leaving at about 12:30PM, four and half hours later!

Interview Questions

• What products or services do you know about from CPS?   1 Answer

Program/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The fifty minute phone interview covered the job description, basic screening questions and 10 behavioral based questions. The interviewer explained the STAR format would be used. I have made it through the initial review and screening process and will be moving forward to an in-person interview next week.

Interview Questions

• The behvioral based questions used the STAR format, (Situation, Task, Action, Result.) This allows the interviewer to gather information about a specific capacity that the job requires.

Situation: The interviewer wants you to present a recent challenge and situation in which you found yourself.
      Task: What did you have to achieve? The interviewer will be looking to see what you were trying to achieve from the situation.
      Action: What did you do? The interviewer will be looking for information on what you did, why you did it and what the alternatives were.
      Result: What was the outcome of your actions? What did you achieve through your actions and did you meet your objectives? What did you learn from this experience and have you used this learning since?
      1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I was contacted for a time to set up a phone interview by a recuiter. The recuiter set up a time and date for the phone interview to take place. I never received a call. I was contacted three hours later via email, by the recuiter that I had scheduled with, who stated that they thought someone else was handling my interview, when they confirmed in the previous email that I would be speaking to them. The recuiter offered to reschedule the interview. The recuiter called ten minutes after the rescheduled phone interview was supposed to begin, hung up on me twice, and didn't apologize. When finally I spoke to the person, during the interview, they lied and said that their staff were 'busy' during the time my original interview was supposed to occur. The recuiter did not mention the salary or the benefits of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current company? How do you handle a situation with an difficult customer? What's your reason for applying with this company? How would you define attendance? Tell me about your work experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CPS Energy in April 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interview for the Windows systems administrator contract position first round was phone screening for 30 Minutes and after that 30-45 mins of skype interview. Phone screening was all about my past experience once it was cleared the skype was all about technical.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CPS Energy.

Interview

Pay close attention to this. HR will NOT provide you with a benefits list. That is because their benefits suck (compared to other engineering companies). They give you 2 weeks of vacation for the first 7 years, and actually they won't even give you a day for the first 6 months (which you are actually on probation). I pay more for health insurance than my previous company, which I would've known had I been given this list. Make sure you demand information whenever you interview with these scammers.

Interview Questions

• The interview process is fairly easy, given that they really only target mediocre people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was stupid enough to think that I would get to negotiate later on. Make sure you negotiate before you say yes!

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

2 rounds one by phone and personal round .

Medium difficulty interview.

Technical questions more on the background and experience.

Negotiation

Negotiation is little hectic

Manager, IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX) in December 2007.

Interview

I was contacted by a recuriter for a Manager, IT Operations. First a phone interview was scheduled which lasted about an hour and half. There was no specific standara format, just questions about different IT areas I had expereince in. Than I received a call for face to face interview. I had to interview three folks including the CIO. The interview was informal talking about how I would deal with issues at CPS Energy, discussing more about strategy. After the interview it took about 3 to 4 weeks to get the final offer, but that primarily due to delay in HR process. I was verbally told early on that they are interested.

Interview Questions

• How would I improve the datacenter operational strategy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiatie much except my vacation time.