CPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CPS

2.3

Sort:

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CPS in August 2017.

Interview

Provide an example of a time when you were able to demonstrate excellent listening skills. What was the situation and outcome. Share an experience you had in dealing with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.

Interview Questions

• What are the skills that you're bringing to this position.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CPS (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply on line, send in transcripts to prove you have a college degree, get back ground check. You need TB done. Also letter recommendation for your character in a business and personal relationship.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a college degree. Do you have experience teaching. Where did you work.   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CPS (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line for substitute teacher for CPS. Personnel email me for an interview. I chose the date and time. The interview went very well considering only teachers could answer those questions.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CPS (Houston, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Easy brief questions asked. No right or wrong , you will find out about a week later. The guy was friendly interview started on time and lasted about 20 min tops. One on one thankfully.

Interview Questions

• How do you relieve work stress?   1 Answer

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CPS (Westchester, IL).

Interview

Your initial conversation will be with an internal recruiter. They will then decide which division has a current need and have you meet with the manager of that division. This is a VERY laid back environment - DON'T wear a suit and tie to the interview - think khakis and a polo AT MOST. Once you meet with the division manager, they will then have you come in and do phone session where they give you a phone list and tell you to make as many contacts as possible. The biggest thing is to keep dialing as they want to see that you're not afraid to pick up the phone especially after a big NO.

Interview Questions

• Who is your best friend? What would they say about you?

Who is your role model?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They do offer several compensation packages to start but will not mention them unless you ask. They want to get you in the door at 100% commission because it cost them nothing. The comp options are $3,500 a month for 3 months or $2,500 for 3 months with MUCH lower commission rates at this level. The compensation should actually stretch out 5-6 months as that is the standard time it takes to get paid on your first placement (if you get one).

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CPS (Westchester, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Got to meet with everyone in the department. Multiple meetings with department manager and Seinior Partner. Then a "round table" meeting with everyone. Was a good way for complete exchange of information

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a mentor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for this commissioned position.

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CPS (Westchester, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Four interviews, I believe. Meeting with internal recruiter, management, team members. Had multiple calls with internal recruiter to understand compensation, benefits, etc. Met with senior partner, section manager, and other team members to ensure this was a good fit for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Q: How much money do you need to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CPS (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I came in for 2 interviews. The first interview was with the manager of the division and then the 2nd interview consisted of the manager and the other recruiters that were in that division. If you pass the 2nd interview, you will receive a personality test to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CPS (Westchester, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

very much a personality interview. then i met with each member of the team. i liked this as i got to hear about everyone successes and failures. the office has a definite buzz and this attracted me immediately. everyone seemed very nice and very positive towards a team mentality. I interviewed with two different groups and was hired into the one that showed the most interest

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no really

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CPS.

Interview

lengthy, but casual and informative

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer