CSU Monterey Bay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CSU Monterey Bay

2.4

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seaside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSU Monterey Bay (Seaside, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

1 in person interview, lots of questions took most of an afternoon

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Analyst Interview

Interview

Each department has a different hiring process. Expect that you will probably not be called in for an interview until you have submitted a resume for 5 or more jobs.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail your Excel qualifications. Can you do advanced formulas and pivot tables? Etc.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seaside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSU Monterey Bay (Seaside, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Interview process was comfortable, but the hiring process is very slow.
    The people were very pleasant.
    The questions covered a range of technical competencies.
    The job description will cover a wide range of skills, but as long as you show competency in a few of the skills listed and display the ability to self-teach and learn new skills, you do not need to be an expert in everything. This was an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• How would you fulfill the university's mission statement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is very little room for negotiation. The job will list a wide range of salary, but you are only going to get the very bottom of the range. Beware that it is next to impossible to advance through that range and you will be earning that base salary for many years.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

It took about 3 weeks from applying, interviewing, and receiving the job. After employment, I understand how complicated the hiring process can be. The staff was friendly within and outside the interview and I appreciated their all-around ability to make me feel comfortable in the interview. I loved it.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSU Monterey Bay (Marina, CA) in September 2008.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSU Monterey Bay.

Interview

Two interviews for the position. It was a a good experience. Make sure to have examples to talk about. Second was with director and two colleagues. Overall good experience

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that’s relevant to this position?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSU Monterey Bay (Seaside, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and on-campus, all-day interview

Network Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Monterey Bay (Seaside, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview Details – I began the process by applying online. After this, I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview was fairly casual. I was interviewed by two supervisors from the department. Everyone was very kind and polite, and the culture is very relaxed. Overall an excellent place to interview and work.

Interview Questions

• HR requires them to ask some questions about diversity and how you would support the mission of the university.   1 Answer

Not enough money. Like most CSU's, CSU Monterey Bay offers ridiculously low salaries, at least for IT professionals, something like half or 2/3 of the going rate.

Administrative Support Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Monterey Bay in July 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly simple- received a phone call asking for an interview. I had an interview over Skype with 2 people, and then did an online computer skills test. The interview was standard, and the interviewers very nice. My only complaint would be that I did not get any feedback for nearly 2 months following the interview.

UROC Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seaside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSU Monterey Bay (Seaside, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I met with the mentor and discussed job requirements and duties. I received a basic description of procedures and purpose. Discussed other opportunities not detailed in the job description. We went over relevant experience and what part of the project I would take on.